Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
They are the same thing. 211 is a superseded part number.

AA450 is not specific to FSTI, it's the same part number for FXT, WRX, STI, etc. It's just a new part number. I have the Denso above on my FXT.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
5,550 Posts
They are the same thing. 211 is a superseded part number.

AA450 is not specific to FSTI, it's the same part number for FXT, WRX, STI, etc. It's just a new part number. I have the Denso above on my FXT.
Interesting BUT the AA450 has always been the part number for the FSTI

and has only become a new "supercede" ITCA part number for other EJ255/257 engines in the Newage Impreza/ Forester range fairly recently.

I wonder what has changed?? Using an AA211 in an FSTI maybe a backward step but an improvement for the others ???

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think you're reading too much into this. You go to the parts store and say you want a denso AFR sensor, this is the one you'll see as compatible with your vehicle. When they created this part number to be OEM equivalent that may have been the only part number. The differences may be in the wiring length by 1/8 an inch. It's not important. It functions as it should and it's a lot cheaper than buying from Subaru who marks up on a markup from Denso.

If there were a known defect or concern with accuracy with these we would know. This is an important sensor and tuners use this denso one often.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
[QUOTE="Scooby24, post: 7573131,

If there were a known defect or concern with accuracy with these we would know. This is an important sensor and tuners use this denso one often.
[/QUOTE]
I would suggest narrow band is not great for tuning. wide band is a much better option..... if your talking tuning and you are.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I would suggest narrow band is not great for tuning. wide band is a much better option..... if your talking tuning and you are.
You're right, I should clarify they've recommended this one as a replacement when it fails as happened when I bought my '04 FXT with the P0420 code and consulted our local tuner. The Denso went on that one, and it's gone on my 07 FXT as a preventative measure at 60k miles

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Sadly tuners over here will map around a faulty sensors and boost leaks to get their days money( not to mention Duncan Graham @Race Dynamics ) thinking you wont find out or look into it .
Silly Duncan if your reading this … sort yourself out !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts