Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the tailgate trim (i.e. the horizontal plastic bit below the rear window that covers the boot release etc) from a face lift SG5 will fit a non-facelift (MY03) SG5?

Mines black/grey on a silver FXT and I'd like it to be silver to match the paint work as per the later FXTs. (Figured it would be easier to replace it than spray the existing one to match).

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Never measured it but I'm sure the facelift rear window is shorter so the trim is probably wider to compensate.

Max.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
That's correct. The facelifted rear trim is taller than the non-facelift one. Not sure if you can just remove the chrome portion to cut down on the height.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I ask is that I think the rear window in the earlier SG5s is a bit too long and makes the back look a bit dumpy/out of proportion (esp. in the silver I have) - I personally think that back of the newer ones looks better.

Might try and sneak a peek as I pretty much drive past Simpsons every day - they're bound to have a late model I can compare with.

Alternatively, I guess I could always do a rear end transplant but that's a bit more expensive than a bit of plastic trim and I'm not sure I could get the OK from the Mrs! ;o)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts