Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sports
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 sports suspension upgrade, questions/opinions.

I currently have 04 sti struts with JDM sti pinks and grp n tops, ready for install. Will I need to use camber bolts front or rear??? (the sticky says "may not need to use camber bolts, but what have you found with your rides...?)

I'm gonna use a fhi ti front strut bar, should I have a rear strut bar to balance it?

For spirited daily driving, I was thinking about 22mm whiteline front and rear sways(04+ sti items from what I've read), end links and HD mounts. Opinions?

Would that be a good balance for street, but still be tighter than oem sti?

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sports
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I really just want to know if camber bolts are needed, and if the 22mm whitelines are good for DD's, or would 24mm be better?

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
You can reuse the stock front camber bolts. You only "need" the bolts in the back if you want to set the camber to your specs. Otherwise the camber maybe a bit high with the STI struts negating the effects of the bigger rear bar.

I think the stock FSB is a 20 or 21 so I'd go with the 24MM. Front strut bar wont make much if any difference. The rear is debatable but it will cut down on some of the rattles.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
You'll probably want some camber bolts in the rear as theres no stock adjustment. Lowered you'll get too much negative camber in the rear and you may (even stock) have some cross camber in the rear (due to the not so wonderful mounting of the rear subframe parts).

I'd probably do adjustable sways and run something like a 24F and 22R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts