Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi S4 Black Ed Semi auto
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I folowed suit on my SF5 by fitting STI struts and springs to the wifes 2.5Xten and the rears I took off were black and had separate resevoirs attached.

I know that the SF5 struts I took off my car were green, so I wondered if Subaru changed them from 2005 onwards??

I was also confused as the rollbar on the car was 18mm wide, - the same width as the imprezaRA one I was going to replace it with??

The car was previously a pool car for IM management and has only done 16k miles, so both the struts and roll bars whould ahve been fitted from the factory!!

Confused to say the least!!

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,883 Posts
I know that the SF5 struts I took off my car were green, so I wondered if Subaru changed them from 2005 onwards??
No they changed them with the SG MY03

You've obviously steered clear of all the SLS threads :biggrin::biggrin:

I was also confused as the rollbar on the car was 18mm wide,
Its actually 17mm diameter and hollow :biggrin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they changed them with the SG MY03

You've obviously steered clear of all the SLS threads :biggrin::biggrin:

Its actually 17mm diameter and hollow :biggrin:

Yeah, im not the most attentive!! :chair:

Been busy rebuilding and selling the trackday car - if thats any excuse!!

I think I tried a 17mm open spanner on the rollbar, but it sounds logical. The SF5 one was noticibly smaller, which is what threw me.
The car rides fine with it, but it still have the geolanders fitted, so Ill see after that whether or not to change it.

Thanks for being the forum oracle again Don! :rock:

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The stock RSB is similar in size to some of the others, but its hollow so not nearly as stiff. The STI bars are only 2-3mm thicker but are solid.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock RSB is similar in size to some of the others, but its hollow so not nearly as stiff. The STI bars are only 2-3mm thicker but are solid.
Cheers Funkey!!

The original 'Rochester' (Kent) is 3miles from me!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts