Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
4 Posts
Couldn't open your tire options spreadsheet

Hi!

I tried right clicking (and dozens of other techniques)
to access your link --
SG Forester Tire Options Document v1.3 (.XLS) 108k

It bombs out.

Any ideas?

Basically I just want to know what oversize snow tires I might be able to get away with on my 2001 Forester L which has the stock 15-inch steel rims.

Alex

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,183 Posts
For some reason it is no longer being hosted.
I found an old copy of it. But it has a time date stamp of 03/10/2006. Any one have a more current version they can send me and I'll host it.

In the mean time here an old version of the SG Forester Tire Options Document v1.3

Right Click and Save As

·
admin
7,183 Posts
Was it ever updated after v1.3?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,116 Posts
Not sure... the last one that Porter hosted was labeled 1.3, but I don't know if he updated the actual document without changing the label in his post.

·
admin
7,183 Posts
If someone wants to work on this. I'll be glad to host it. It probably needs to be updated and then kept current.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Wow, this thread is still going. Sorry to be off the grid for so long, folks... I haven't been on the internet as much in the last few years.

Most of the information in the original XLS document is WAY outdated and needs to be revised.

I can do that when I get some free time, or is there someone with an interest who might want to tackle it?

Thanks-

JP

·
admin
7,183 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
1 Posts
Updated Spreadsheet?

I have a 2007 Forester and am ready for new tires. Have you updated your spreadsheet recently? I am seeing the Goodyear Triple Threads and Michelin Primacys given really high ratings for all season wear.

SAJ

·
Registered
2006 Forester X
1 Posts
Tire size and rating change

I would appreciate some advice from someone more knowledgeable on tires than me. I have a 2006 Forester X with 45,000 miles. The original Geolanders were getting pretty worn. Went to buy Goodyear Fuel Max set of tires from Sears. Sears found only 3 in the original size 215R6016 94H, so the salesman said he had 225 wide, not a problem for the Subaru. I said okay. Then I find out that the tires are 225R6016 97T, after he installed them. All four are the same, but is this wrong to have a different load index and tire speed rating than Subaru supplied? Will this cause me trouble? I am ready to go back and demand what I ordered, but if it really doesn't make a difference, I won't go through the hassle. Advice appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
131 Posts
tire update

Ready to purchase new tires for my 99S and would like to get some help in selecting them. I need snow tires first. has any one update this spreadsheet? I don't need info on tires that is 3/4 years old but a list of what sizes are recommended would still be usefull but I can't download the info.

·
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Document now rehosted online at Google Docs. Details in Post #1.

Contact me by PM or email if you have a Google Account and would like to be able to collaboratively edit the document. It desperately needs updating.

I am going to make a bunch of changes on it in the coming weeks, including some much-needed updates to the tire information, many additions of new tire models, and some initial work to tie in the data directly from Tire Rack and possibly a few other sites... if it works, we could possibly get "live" pricing and availability directly in the spreadsheet. I'll keep you posted.

·
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Updated document to v1.4, with current information in the "Stock Size" sheet as of Jan 4, 2010. New info on other sizes coming soon.

·
Registered
08 Forester X Premium
73 Posts
The Forester developed an alignment issue that I missed. With the toe-in off, shaved off the inside of the driver front tire to secondary rubber on the OEM Geolanders. A flat in a rear tire brought tire issues to light. The tires were well over half worn and I hate to drive on badly worn tires in the rainy winter anyway. I noticed they had a treadwear number of 320, very low, B traction, A heat. Living where we live, I ended up replacing them with Les Schwab Toyo Eclipse tires in the stock 215-60/16 tire. Tread number of 580, A traction, B heat. I enjoy new tires (and new tents) so I reckon I'll see how they go. So far..so good.

·
Registered
2006 FORESTER XT
7 Posts
Hi,

I have 215/60-17 on -06 FXT. About 5% bigger diameter than stock. Exellent feel on driving/steering and good comfort. Taller gearing fits well with torquey engine. Clearly more silent on highway speeds, almost 200rpm less on clock!!

·
Registered
1999 Forester 'L'
4 Posts
General Grabber AT2

There is also the General Grabber AT2 in 225/70R15 and 215/65R16. They are most aggressive I have found that come in these sizes. I used a set of 245/70R16 on a Trooper. I was surprised with the tread life.

I has over 50,000 with a lot of tread left. I have a 1999 Forester L I recently purchased. I am planning on doing a 1" suspension lift and a set of the 225/70R15. Without a limited slip rear diff I would able to run an unequal tire size is necessary.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts