Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
On a 17-inch rim, the 225/50s are a bit shorter than the stock 215/55s. 235/50s are the same height as the 215/55, but fit a 7.5-inch wide wheel better.

A "plus zero" for the 17 would be a 225/55, which is the same height as a 225/60 on a 16-inch wheel. This is the size I'll be using on my '07 FXT.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
trying to read between the lines...are they the same tire but with the Cooper name instead of Avon? I've been watching the Avon M550 A/S reviews but couldn't pull the trigger. (instead, i chose the pilots)
They aren't quite the same tire. Similar, but more A/S oriented rather than pseudo-sport like the M550. The Cooper should be quieter and more comfortable with similar grip, but slightly less sidewall stiffness. I haven't perceived them as soft though, and I switched to them from Falken GrB FK451s.

·
Registered
2004 XS
2 Posts
a question about max tire width

Having just bought my very first Forester on Saturday, I have a question about the maximum tire width I can use of this vehicle. I did not find it in the spread sheet (which is a very nice tool...blessings to you for putting all the work into making this available). I would like to put a wider set of tires/wheels on it. Can anyone help with this?

thanks in advance

Geoffrey
04 Gold

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,115 Posts
Having just bought my very first Forester on Saturday, I have a question about the maximum tire width I can use of this vehicle. I did not find it in the spread sheet (which is a very nice tool...blessings to you for putting all the work into making this available). I would like to put a wider set of tires/wheels on it. Can anyone help with this?

thanks in advance

Geoffrey
04 Gold
Depends a lot on your wheel choice (offset, wheel width) and suspension setup.

·
Registered
2005 Forester, LL Bean
1 Posts
Thanks for doing this Porter. I had to do the same thing for my Porsche 944 since I wanted to find tires for 15" Fuchs alloys. I saved your spreadsheet and will be glad to have it when it's time.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Glad to hear it's useful... I need to update it with a bunch of current info, actually. Will get to that over the next few weeks sometime.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Premium CVT
757 Posts
I can't get this to work on the right click and save target as function....

... wondering what is the largest size of tire in a 17 inch 48mm offset wheel (prodrive P1 17 x 7)

....think that my tires look too small on my car... I was hoping I might go up in size slightly if it is possible...

.... think I have 225/45/17 General Exclaim UHP's on there now.... I will have to double check....

... have gotten wonderful service from these tires and I will be buying more next round in about 5-8K miles or so....

....will have about 35K miles on these tires at replacement time, and They handle, drive, and ride awesome in all conditions and have very little road noise...

I am super impressed with them for the price at $82 Each!!!!! and Made in Germany at that!!!

RYNO

·
Registered
2006 Forester
657 Posts
I looked at the "Stock Size" spreadsheet for winter tires, specifically the Bridgestone Blizazak WS-50s. However, after imputting the data for my stock tires (215/60 R16) into the Tire Rack search engine, they came up with WS-60s.

I just thought I'd post that this info may need addended on the spreadsheet.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
3 Posts
Looking to fit a taller 215/65/16 and fill the wheel well for a better appearance, maybe even get a better ride since I will achieve 1" more cushion on my 201 Forester S. Does anyone have this size and use with success.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Recommendations

Looking for a general daily use tire to reduce noise, make it more fun and lively w/out adding harshness that can handle light off-road, i.e. car camping.
Going w/ different sizes, 17 or 18" what are the pros/cons? I looked at the Nitto- nice looking tire, but is classified as a "sport" tire, does this make it stiffer regarding sidewall flex, or more harsh for road use rather than an all-season?
I did not see any 3 season tires listed in the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
2003 Forester
4 Posts
Great list but noticed you left off the Yokohama A/T (all terrain) tire. Anyone have opinions on this one? There don't seem to be many true SUV tires out there for this vehicle. The Yoko A/T seems to get good marks on Tirerack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tire Stickly XLS IS GONE and Tire Wheel ?

The XLS is gone form this post.

I am looking at Yoka Advant S.Drive 245 45 17 on Rota 17.5's (not sure what offset to get) with Swift springs.

I am new and this is my first mod to be done with sways, end links, Cobb access, and cat back. Soooo excited.

Any know issues with the tire size? Am I on the right track?

2006 FXT

·
Registered
2015 2.5xi Limited Auto CVT
64 Posts
Just put the AVAN S.4'S on and love them. We dont get much snow here -0- just sun and rain, I have yet to break these guys loose.

2006XT

J

·
Registered
2008 Forester
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Forester and have to replace Yokama tires after 30K miles. Checked out your awesome chart, but I am totally ignorant when it comes to tires and fear that someone will sell me a brand that "they think" is good, but may be because that is what they are fully stocked in. Is there a great performance one you all recommend? Basic highway/street driving, important to have stability on dry and wet road and occasional leveled dirt roads.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs
305 Posts
Fair warning...a 215/70/16 General Grabber AT2 WILL NOT fit a 2003 forester. it contacts atleast the front lower perch on the struts and probobly the lower perch on the rear too.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
General Altimax H/T... had them mounted about a month ago. Got over a thousand miles on them and love them. :) There's also the S/T for you more 'sporty' types. :lol:

·
Registered
2007 forester 2.5x
1 Posts
OK, so...
I have P215/60 R16 94H on stock rims for my 2007 forester 2.5x.
I can get a deal on a set of Cooper weather master 225/60 R16 studded tires.

Will they fit my rims?

Thanks very much for your help!

41 - 60 of 92 Posts