Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I updated the document to v1.3.

I added several tires to the PlusZero section and fleshed out the 2nd source pricing data on a bunch of the existing tires.

The file is up to 108k now, LOL. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,785 Posts
How about common +1 like 225/60/16 and 215/65/16.

Nice work. I'm an Excel fan myself.
Anyone remember Lotus (the software not the car)?

X

·
0 Posts
That is AWESOME! So, is this more theoretical, or will these tires (with the wheel widths mentioned) actually fit on the Forester? For example, the 255/40's on the 18x9.5" wheels. That sounds pretty attractive, but I wonder if anyone on the forum has tried such a setup...

·
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
XTFan said:
That is AWESOME! So, is this more theoretical, or will these tires (with the wheel widths mentioned) actually fit on the Forester? For example, the 255/40's on the 18x9.5" wheels. That sounds pretty attractive, but I wonder if anyone on the forum has tried such a setup...
It depends entirely on wheel offset and suspension geometry. I know people running 9" wheels with 275s on an 05 STi.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
835 Posts
Couple of things to add:

245/40 tires...

And also, I created a similar spreadsheet, but I put the diameter difference right into the spreadsheet from the Miata Tire Calc...

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
4,252 Posts
You might want to add a fairly new tire to the market on our master list....Yokohama ADVAN S4. They will be available very soon in the stock 215 60 16 size (as well as many others of course) with V & W speed ratings (depending on size) with a treadwear of 400, Traction AA, Temperature A. Some more info below....

http://www.yokohamatire.ca/common/tireselector/specs/uhpt/advans4.htm

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,436 Posts
Subifreak said:
You might want to add a fairly new tire to the market on our master list....Yokohama ADVAN S4. They will be available very soon in the stock 215 60 16 size (as well as many others of course) with V & W speed ratings (depending on size) with a treadwear of 400, Traction AA, Temperature A. Some more info below....

http://www.yokohamatire.ca/common/tireselector/specs/uhpt/advans4.htm
hmm... AA traction on that size tire? I wonder how heavy it is?

·
Registered
2006 Forester
8 Posts
Thanks for the great spreadsheet. I will be collecting my MY06 forester in a few days. This certainly comes in handy.

I intend to change to 17" with 225/50 tyres. Do you know what is the best offset for this combination? Everything else will be stock (for a while, at least).

Thanks again.

·
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
RSS Forester said:
Thanks for the great spreadsheet. I will be collecting my MY06 forester in a few days. This certainly comes in handy.

I intend to change to 17" with 225/50 tyres. Do you know what is the best offset for this combination? Everything else will be stock (for a while, at least).

Thanks again.
Acceptable offsets on a Forester for wheels that would fit a 225 properly range from 42-51mm depending on width.

225/55 is closer to the stock diameter... I am running Falken GR-Beta FK451s in that size. The new FK452s look like they may be an even better option, with steel shank reinforced sidewalls.

·
2004 Forester XT
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I just recently put on a set of the new Cooper Zeon Sport A/S in 225/55R16.

GREAT tires! Not a sport tire by any means, but responsive and very sporty for an all-season. They are quiet and ride smoothly as well.

For the tire tech nerds among us, these are very similar to another Cooper family tire, the Avon Tech M550 A/S. VERY similar.

I am extremely pleased so far.

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
4,252 Posts
I just recently put on a set of the new Cooper Zeon Sport A/S in 225/55R16.

GREAT tires! Not a sport tire by any means, but responsive and very sporty for an all-season. They are quiet and ride smoothly as well.

For the tire tech nerds among us, these are very similar to another Cooper family tire, the Avon Tech M550 A/S. VERY similar.

I am extremely pleased so far.
What's the UTQG rating Porter?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,436 Posts
trying to read between the lines...are they the same tire but with the Cooper name instead of Avon? I've been watching the Avon M550 A/S reviews but couldn't pull the trigger. (instead, i chose the pilots)

BTW- thanks -again- for the spreadsheet and taking the time to update it

·
Premium Member
2009 2.0 5SPD
152 Posts
Sorry, this might sound a bit stupid.
I'm a novice in wheels.
Are there no 15" included?
my Forester runs 205/70R15 Bridgestone dueler /HT's atm.

I'd like to know any other available option for all season tires.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts