Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lack of cup holders in my 99 SF is killing me. I noticed that the SG's have 2 cup holders in the console. The shape of the console is very similar to the SF but the E-brake handle is on the opposite side. Is it possible to swap in an SG center console and e-brake mechanism into an SF? Has anyone attempted this yet?

Here is a picture of an 06-08 Console I am interested in installing. The e-brake slot is on the opposite side of the SF but looks to be in the same location front to back wise.

Attachments

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
It doesn't line up very well at all. I tried it in my 98 Impreza, which has the same dash/center console as the SF Forester. The ebrake lever is also on the wrong side of the console.

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was goign to buy the 06-08 e-brake assembly to compensate for it being on the wrong side but I wasn't sure how it matched up where it meets the dash.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
At the dash it is totally different. You pretty much need to swap the entire dash to make it fit right.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Huh.. since when did the console come in black? The part looks correct, but even the PN doesn't pull up in the catalog.. I'd to get my hands on a set of black plastics...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts