Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For us FXT owners that didn't get color coded roof rails, are you guys painting them? I have a JBP '04 that I want to have black roof rails. I know you have to take out the interior roof lining to take them off, so I was thinking of draping the car in that painters plastic, then taping around the rails and Plasti-dipping them. Do you think plasti-dip will hold up if I try to use my roof racks again? (inside has plenty of space for what i need, so far).

Thanks!
-mike

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
The crossbars clamp on pretty tight, so plasti-dip would most likely rub right off, and once one spot starts peeling, it will all want to peel. Why not remove the silver center pieces and replace them with black ones from and X model?

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,583 Posts
The crossbars clamp on pretty tight, so plasti-dip would most likely rub right off, and once one spot starts peeling, it will all want to peel. Why not remove the silver center pieces and replace them with black ones from and X model?
I thought about doing this. I never did track down the right part # to get a price quote.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
I had mine covered in vinyl. I highly recommend it!

I had the B-Pillar, C-Pillar, Rear Garnish, and the roof rails covered for about $100 at our local Vinyl/Tint/Fancy Parts store. It came with a one year warrenty against peeling/fading/etc. The pattern is Carbon Fiber.

Check it out!

My 3 Favorite things: Wife, Dog, Forester. Yeah!

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually had a vinyl company a while back, and still have some carbon fiber vinyl.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :woohoo:

I had mine covered in vinyl. I highly recommend it!

I had the B-Pillar, C-Pillar, Rear Garnish, and the roof rails covered for about $100 at our local Vinyl/Tint/Fancy Parts store. It came with a one year warrenty against peeling/fading/etc. The pattern is Carbon Fiber.

Check it out!

My 3 Favorite things: Wife, Dog, Forester. Yeah!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts