Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
.....and you didn't post the link????

Sweet look, I'd do it....if there was a link, that is!

Steve

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Vinyl overlay right? Was it too small, which caused the bottom edge to leak light or was that intentional?

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
Thanks, Subie:

Why I had to order this "chatch-kah" for my 2003X is unknown but I did. Wonder what my wife will say.........."did you really need this, etc."........but what the heck.

I was going to get the hood pneumatic struts last year BUT the vendor never got back to me so.............

"A fool and his money is soon parted"....or something like that!

Thanks for the link!

Steve

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
Neoshi: you can get "OH ****" or anything else......check the site out, they do custom covers also......

Steve

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
What happened? I repeated Neoshi's post with the "oh sh-t" and my response was posted with asterisks while his original post still spells........you know what........did I break some rule?

Puzzled in New Hampshire

Steve

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
What happened? I repeated Neoshi's post with the "oh sh-t" and my response was posted with asterisks while his original post still spells........you know what........did I break some rule?

Puzzled in New Hampshire

Steve
1 instead of I, sneaks past the automatic swear censor.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
Ohhhhhhh...........no worries, I like to follow other people's leads but OH SH-T works for me nicely.

I hope that I didn't cause anyone some emotional stress by using Neoshi's comment in the open........for the record, OH SH1T! Now I feel better!
Steve

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
Tip to others that buy this shield!

I mounted my 3rd brake lamp yesterday and while it looks cool, I figured out a trick that helped me....

BEFORE you remove any backing paper, take a sharp X-acto #11 blade and, with a straight edge as a guide to cut, trim the entire label to (thru all layers) the outermost edge of the actual black applique. THEN and only THEN, peel the backing off and center, as best as you can, and start to adhere it.

This will allow you to get the lower edge of the label as close to the problematic lower edge of the lens as is possible. Otherwise, it's really a hit or miss and easy to damage the label and lettering.

The label is VERY thin and FRAGILE.......once it touches the lens, it starts to stick and the thinner parts of the lettering will pull away and break.

Now that mine is in place, there still is a slight bit of light bleed at the bottom so I'm going back in with a fine brush and some Testors PLA model kit paint to lay a small bead of black paint at the label to lens juncture. This will seal off the light leakage and make the thing look better. I tried a thin strip of black electrical tape as a first idea and it does cover the thin gaps BUT looks pretty "cloogied" up, IMHO. I carefully peeled that off and will now do the paint touchup.........

Otherwise, the thing does look sweet....and NOT in your face. Very subtle mod.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts