Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

621 - 630 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
01 Fozzy Manny
19 Posts
Has anyone run into an issue of the pitch stop being to long after removing the sub frame spacers? I am in the process off swapping in a full 02 wagon suspension and after removing the spacers my pitch stop is to long to bolt into the mount on the trans. I did look through the thread for an answer but couldn't find one. Very possible I missed it though
You need an impreza pitch stop.

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
3 Posts
Hi guys. Lowered my sons 99 Forester on Used KYB AGX struts and H&R Red lowering springs that setup came out of 2000 RS Coupe.

Front dropped beautiful 3 inches , but rear got slammed to 5 inches. Ordered 1 inch rear spacers from Paranoid fabrications, ... but it looks like it might not be enough lift. Possible that rear springs are just tired and sagged?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XT AutoTragic
329 Posts
I've spent hours pouring over this 42 page thread and am amazed at how difficult what should be a simple suspension modification becomes when the car in question is an SF5 Forester. If anyone is still watching this thread, can you answer me this question....
If I want the look and clearance like the pics shown of SF5's with stock WRX wagon struts and springs, but want a firmer ride like aftermarket lowering springs provide, what springs do I buy to pair with new 02-03 WRX spec Excel-G's? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought jdm sti aluminum lower control arms. If I understand correctly, they won't fit my 99 forester unless I change the subrame? Do I need to change the struts and springs too? Anything else?

Envoyé de mon SM-G955W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
good morning, I installed original suspensions subaru impreza wrx 2002 with original springs but rear top mount original forester sf5. 3 cm lowering and excellent drivability! at the rear I mounted 20mm stabilizer bar.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Sport auto tragic
10 Posts
Hi guys! Newbie to the scoobie! Been around slammed G35's and lifted Pathfinders my whole life...oh and a MKIII Supra.

I just wanna say thank you to EVERYONE in this thread who has contributed a ton of information! After 3 days of reading this, I'll be removing the spacers from the front subframe/unibody and the trans cradle!

Thanks everyone! Picking uo my 02 S Premium 5MT this weekend, that is already lowered on Raceland coils. It needs an alignment, so I figure I'll kill a few birds with one stone. Should I look to grab a set of RCC? Camber plates? Shifter bushings?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It has been said here several times that you can not remove the spacers on an automatic equipped Forester when lowering due to fire wall interference.
But wouldn’t an Impreza auto trans x-member and driveline fix that issue?

621 - 630 of 630 Posts