Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, as above.

Does the little panel by the gearlever displaying what gear you're in have some lighting underneath it..? I thought it did so you could see in teh dark what gear you were in. But last night went out after dark and noticed I was in 3rd. Looked down to check but couldn't actually tell as it isn't / wasn't lit up.

Any help from AT owners muchos appreciatedosos.

Mike

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,885 Posts
Appears to be :biggrin: item13

EDIT Part no: 35185AC010

Attachments

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Lights up on the JDM T/tb !

Brian

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
It's supposed to be light on any SF with an AT. Even mine.

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Don, another gold star!

Looks like a LHD diagram to me, and no "POWER" button evident, either

Damn, another bulb bites the dust :)) That's 4 interior bulbs gone in as many months.

Looks like a mare to get to as well. Can't rightly see how the gearknob comes off without dismantling the "POWER" (!) button and 'button A' in the diagram above... I will consult the manual!

thanks again amigos :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
You auto guys have all the fun...

Just out of curiosity, in the diagram Don posted, what are the 4 little black "fire extinguishers"?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,885 Posts
They're grease guns :biggrin:

Subaru's code for "grease this item".

Attachments

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appeared on the diagram for the rear hatch panel - I thought it meant "air chisel" cos the diagram said 'apply in/on the hinges'. Thought it meant the hinges had to be air-chiseled off to get the panel off!

:)))

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorted that job then. bulb is as per attached; same as glove box bulb. seems that it can handle different rates of voltage - in tehr glove box it's bright whiteish, fitted in the gear selector it's dull orange. The markings on the bulbs are the same.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

cheers
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
sorted that job then. bulb is as per attached; same as glove box bulb. seems that it can handle different rates of voltage - in tehr glove box it's bright whiteish, fitted in the gear selector it's dull orange. The markings on the bulbs are the same.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

cheers
mike
I just bought a normal white one on a gas station. :shrug:

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
couldnt find one in halfrauds but i didn't look very hard... it's teeny tiny... maybe 8mm end to end

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Lights up on the JDM T/tb !

Brian
Glad you said that Brian. looks like my bulb has gone because mine doesnt light up.

i just assumed it was the light on the dash that told you what gear was selected in the dark!!

cheers

Fraz

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
couldnt find one in halfrauds but i didn't look very hard... it's teeny tiny... maybe 8mm end to end
I took the blown bulb to the gas station and asked if they had one of those. and they did. Ask the people working there helps :biggrin:

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good shout Fraser, thanks. I'll be doing the bulbs in the dash switchgear soon too.

Might even try my first write-up!

mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts