Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester Limited STi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of a full Version 8 STi swap on an 02 SF5 Limited, and I'm having issues figuring out what to do for a hood scoop. All of the JDM ones I have found fit the 02-03 WRX, but that car is a GD chassis, were the SF5 is still based on the GC chassis. Will that scoop work for this hood? I have used the STi front X member, and I removed the lift blocks from the mounts. Which diffuser would work the best?

I've searched the site, and I can't seem to find anything very concrete, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
The SF scoop is it's own shape and not interchangeable with any other Subaru. I have heard there are two companies out of Australia working on an 02-03 STi style scoop for the SF hood though so that's an option.
As far as the splitter, removing the spacer blocks makes it impossible to use an off the shelf unit. I modded my stock SF one by cutting the rubber off the trimming the flat part off the rear and it fit just about perfect on my USDM STi intercooler.

·
Registered
2002 Forester Limited STi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'm finding thast this isn't going to be an easy fix! I guess I should have said initially that I don't have a scoop on this hood because it started life as a N/A car. If I have to cut a hole anyway, can I use any STi scoop?

Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
If you're cutting the hole, you're making the mounting points and can use whatever sccop you want. A splitter for you is going to be more difficult though since they normally mount to preexisting holes in the hood itself so you'll have to figure out a way to mount that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts