1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Forester S/TB Automatic
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Just a quick question.

Has anybody ever had their SF5 digital climate control unit apart?

Just wondering as a few of the bulbs have went on mine and wondered how easy it would be to replace them.

I might even just crack my unit open and see if they are replaceable.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
its not hard to take out, when I had the dashboard out on mine a few months ago I took the climate control out and its only held in by 4 screws and you will be shocked at how lightweight and unsubstancial it is.

If your going to pull it out then just be aware there is a pipe which goes in the back at an angle and when you try to pull the unit from the dash you need to pull passenger side first, then as the unit tilts disconnect the pipe.

·
Registered
1997 Forester S/TB Automatic
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Mike,
Might give it all a go next weekend when I have the dash apart again, as I have a few gauges to install.

That is if I find the proper top dash triple gauge pod in time - nobody seems to have stock of the proper ones:

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Kushbex

would be interested to see how it goes fro you as I need to do the same meself ;)

there's a write up on here somewhere as i recall but (as usual) I can't find it!

mike

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Don ;)

Yes! That's the one! JDM cars seem so much better specced than UK equivalents. Why is this?

Cheers for linky!

mike

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Don ;)

Yes! That's the one! JDM cars seem so much better specced than UK equivalents. Why is this?

Cheers for linky!

mike
Cos Japanese people wont buy sh/t like we do? The market demands such things as climate control, etc. When I lived there we had a car called a Pajero Mini which was like a very small landcruiser. Cost us £6k and came with full climate control and electric seats :crazy: Our other car was this one: :: toyota crown.co.uk - Home Page

Bare in mind this car was made in 1989 and its got sat nav, dvd player, 4 zone climate control, reclining seat seats, a fridge, self leveling suspension

1 - 7 of 7 Posts