Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,786 Posts
Our old 98 L had power windows. I think that was the most basic model ever available here.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,786 Posts
Were there any Subaru model in the 90's that had crank windows? If so those components might work in our cookie cutter cars.

·
Mr. July 2008
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impreza L trim cars had crank windows. I've thought about a retrofit as an alternative. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistaken about Foresters never having them.

Might need to check into JDM model SF5s.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
Through all of my bored searching on Yahoo Japan, I have never seen a set of crank window door cards for an SF. I would think your only option MAY be an early JDM MY97 but even that's a stretch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I've been looking at the specs for all the old SF5s. All power windows. Sheesh. Can't a brotha get some crank windows for his track car!?
Track car? Glass?

Rip it all out!, if youre not welding the doors (net in the drivers window for that) get some plexi sliding glass thingy...

Im used to track cars being completely gutted i guess :Banane36:

·
Mr. July 2008
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Track car? Glass?

Rip it all out!, if youre not welding the doors (net in the drivers window for that) get some plexi sliding glass thingy...

Im used to track cars being completely gutted i guess :Banane36:
My Forester is completely gutted and caged. It's also street registered and needs to maintain some civility as it's not a trailered track car. Also, some race classes do not allow complete window replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts