Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

First off, i guess i should introduce myself. I've been shopping for a new vehicle for a while now. Couldn't find something that suited all my needs. Then i found out about the Forester. To learn more, I joined the forums here and have been reading all the threads like crazy!:icon_biggrin:

Now, i haven't actually bought a Forester just yet (i'm waiting for the right one) but when i do, i know the first thing i'll wanna do is lower it.

I've found a guy selling struts and springs for a 2002-2004 WRX (so that would be GD right?) for a very good price. The springs are Tanabe, apparently 2" lower then stock.

My question is, with GD struts and the tanabe lowering springs how low would an SF Forester be?? I still wanna be able to make it over speed bumps.

Thanks for the info! :Banane35:

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Stock wrx suspension lowers a forester about 2.5", so those springs would get you 4"+ of drop. Do you know which tanabe line they are? GF210 NF210 etc?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Hmm Impreza kit lowered mine by 2", but none the less 4" will leave you with some wacky suspension geometry unless you start removing the subframe spacers etc, maybe even have to fit the shorter Impreza suspension arms.

Simon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately, all the guy could tell me about the springs is that they are lower then stock...:icon_rolleyes:

if the struts alone give me a 2.5" drop, that's already enough. so i probably don't want the springs.

good news is, for a reduced price, he's willing to sell me just the struts.

the stuff is all out of a 2002 WRX sedan. If i can find some wagon springs to go with these sedan struts, they should work just fine, right??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts