Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Premium
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im going a similar Route as other threads on here and its been discussed over and over again but im extremely torn as to what to do.

I have a stock 01 S with WRX Wagon Springs on new KYB GR2's, Strut bars F&R, and -1.9 Front and -1.2 Rear camber.

Rear:

Option A ($$$)

Whiteline 20mm Adjustable RSB - $150
Whiteline Heavy Duty Rear Mounts - $120
Whiteline Alloy Endlinks - $120

Option B ($$)

Whiteline 20mm NonAdj RSB - $140
Whiteline 20mm Bushings - $15
Subaru HD mounts - $30
Whiteline Steel Endlinks - $70

Option C ($)
Subaru Genuine Parts Forester Specific 20mm Sway bar - $80
Subaru HD mounts - $30
Whiteline Bushings - $15

***Now for the Rear i am worried about the lateral link support tabs. I saw someone made something a while back (mo_boost LL support). Is there something i can still buy?***

Front:

Option A ($$$)

Whiteline 22mm NonAdj FSB - $150 (**should i go 20mm?)
Whiteline 22mm Bushings - $15
Whiteline Alloy Endlinks - $120
Is there a heavy Duty Mount option?

Option B ($$)

Whiteline 22mm NonAdj FSB - $150 (**should i go 20mm?)
Whiteline 22mm Bushings - $15
Is there a heavy Duty Mount option?

Option C ($)
There doesnt seem to be any cheap solution for the front of this car.

Throw some part suggestions out there.

I pretty much think I'm going with Option C in the rear except with alloy endlinks.

Is 22mm too thick for the front? SHould i stick with 20? I've been told by people that 22 in the front will cause problems as my wrx suspension is too soft (Springs/shocks) for the 22mm bar? I just dont want to have to go out and buy another one after.

Is there a front hd mount?

Id really like to stick with one brand thats why i didnt venture into Kartboy but their endlinks are always a possibility.

Looking to make a purchase the end of next week 6/11

Thanks in advance,

Paul

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Whiteline and Kartboy products. If I where you I would get Whiteline 22mm rear bar and 24mm front bar with Kartboy endlinks. You should replace the rear lateral links but I wouldnt worry about them right away. I am a believer in using what you got until it needs to be replaced. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
No need to replace the lateral links on an SF, they have a dual tab link mount from the factory that is pretty sturdy. The 03+ SG Foresters changed to a single tab mount that will snap off with too large of a rear bar.
If you're using stock WRX wagon springs, I would go with a 20mm front/22mm rear non adjustable setup with aftermarket endlinks and call it a day.

·
Registered
2001 S Premium
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any reason for the larger rear than the front, many years of gran turismo tuning :icon_biggrin: has taught me bigger rear will cause big time oversteer.

I would tend to think it should have a mildly bigger bar in the front to induce a tad bit of understeer just to enhance predictability in panic situations.

Let me know,

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
264 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Whiteline and Kartboy products. If I where you I would get Whiteline 22mm rear bar and 24mm front bar with Kartboy endlinks. You should replace the rear lateral links but I wouldnt worry about them right away. I am a believer in using what you got until it needs to be replaced. :biggrin:
thats my setup

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
Any reason for the larger rear than the front, many years of gran turismo tuning :icon_biggrin: has taught me bigger rear will cause big time oversteer.

I would tend to think it should have a mildly bigger bar in the front to induce a tad bit of understeer just to enhance predictability in panic situations.

Let me know,

Thanks
No real reason other than Whiteline didn't make a 24mm front bar. The car is neutral now especially with the adjustability of both ends(the front 22mm on the stiffest setting is probably close to a 24mm effective anyways).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts