Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy,

i'm new to the forester game and the floormats that came with mine (2002 S premium) were really grungy. i did a search and got a couple of hits on replacements, but i'm not interested in rubber or all-weather because i live in a region of california that doesn't get too wet, nor do i participate in any "outdoors-lifestyle activites" on such a frequent basis as to warrant the need for the rubber mats. also, i like to drive barefoot whenever weather allows (which is pretty much all the time; no, i do not walk around bereft of footwear in public-i wear flipflops/slip ons/"easy access shoes") and find carpet generally more comfortable.

that said, in my search i got a couple of inconclusive answers as to which cars/years are interchangeable so i decided to ask outright:

What models/years fit my 2002 Forester?

i know that the forester shares its underpinnings with the impreza and i've read that GC mats work, but only from one guy (death-something-or-other). anyone else have proof/experience of fitment with mats from other years/cars in their SFs (2006 SG mats in a 2002 foz, 2004 GDB STi mats in a 2001, etc)?

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, i am looking for oem carpeted mats. but the ones in your link look real nice.

i was hoping more for confirmation of whether the fitment between SF and SG or even between imprezas of the same model year is bang on. guess i'll just buy some 2003 mats and see what's what (i'm pretty sure they're a fit, but pretty sure is not "dead nuts certain").

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
The 98-08 Forester and 93-07 Impreza all share a floor pan that is 98% identical to each other. Floor mats from any of those models will fit just fine. I had nice mats in my 98 Impreza and moved them to my 05 Forester XT. Perfect fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts