Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
I own a '98 NA Foz, my plastic bumpers have some fading on them (expected on a 22 year old car) and I am considering respraying the plastic bumpers and trim in either a bumper coating, black or colour match. curious to see if anyone has done black or colour match (show me if you have please). And let me know your opinions, thanks in advance.
heres my Foz below :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: picked up a bit more paint to get this project a little further completed, found myself an SG bumper to fit onto my SF which I am rather happy with, new bumper has been painted in black, now I just need to paint the door plastics, left hand side skirt, front fender flare thingys and front mud guards. Ran out of paint again so I will either have to empty the stock of a 3rd store or wait for my local stores to restock :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when I bought this car, the CEL has been on and off all the time. Eventually I got around to putting a scan tool in it, exposing a dodgy knock sensor. which once looked at, is visibly mangled. Couldn't find any online or in stores around me so I bought a knock sensor of eBay for $25AUD. out with the old and in with the new, and the eBay sensor got rid of the CEL so its a little win! attached is a pic old vs new sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely a few years on that old Knock Sensor...
Absolutely! I bought this car a bit over a year ago, so not sure what has and hasn't happened with it aha. The spark plugs were equally as bad, I have a feeling that an engine rebuild has taken place, there is a few spots which indicate its been opened up, I think it might have SG parts somewhere in it too :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts