Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Forester Automatic
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock '02 Foz and was wondering if there are any WRX brake swaps I could do to it. I don't do any AX or track days with it right now but I don't want to rule them out. I just ordered some StopTech front pads for it that I have yet to install. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
I put a set of 02 WRX fronts on my 02 and they were larger. The WRX rears were the same size as the stock rotors on my car though so I went with H6 rears instead.

·
Registered
'02 Forester Automatic
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the input. Do you have a mod journal on your ride. I really like the looks of you car.

·
Registered
'02 Forester Automatic
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that is a great writeup!! I got through the first 15 pages and had to take a break but I will definitely be looking it up again. Thanks man!!

·
Registered
2006 FXT 6MT
2,669 Posts
rob, what brakes fit under the stock S 16" alloy wheels? legacy gt, wrx, xt...? what is the biggest thing to get before having to get a larger wheel?

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
rob, what brakes fit under the stock S 16" alloy wheels? legacy gt, wrx, xt...? what is the biggest thing to get before having to get a larger wheel?
The best factory brakes you can fit under a 16" wheel are probably the 06-07 WRX four pots. They don't fit under the SF stock wheels though so if you're limiting yourself to those particular 16s I would say 02-03 WRX fronts like I am running now. The Legacy GT fronts require a 17" rim.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
I was referring to 05+ LGT as the <04 were pretty much the same as our stock ones I believe. The 05+ LGt rears fit under 15" wheels I believe so you should be good with those.

·
Registered
awesome
75 Posts
With 02-03 WRX fronts and H6(H4) rears, is brake bias maintained? Any need to upgrade brake master cylinder(s) or proportioning valves?

THANKS! Oh and if the answer is in your build thread, I will be reading it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts