Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,837 Posts
EGR? Shum mishtake shurely......we have no EGR!

As for the BOV mod, I found it easier to strip the whole lot off, connect one pipe from maniofld direct to 'top' (furthest from IC) port and remove the T-piece where the pipework went back into the trbo inlet pipe.

Simon
Thought you'd come back on that :biggrin::biggrin:

Subaru's terminology not mine(and not necessarily Exhaust Gas Recirc)

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
LOL, yes not EGR at all......Will recheck on a better connection, but either purge or crankcase breather I assume!

Simon

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Simon /Don using the pic's on this thread which pipe do i block to save a bit of fuel as got to go to gatwick twice from b/ham all m/way.I saw this thred fron simon

Follow 'vacuum' piping from BCS to where it joins the intake piping (hard plastic where it goes under the manifold) pull pipe off and plug with a bolt (m4 from memory) fiteither a cap if you have it, or a short piece of pipe (with another M4 bolt) onto the intake pipe et voila - wastegate boost only!

if you can point it out

Cheers Kevin

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,837 Posts
Follow 'vacuum' piping from BCS to where it joins the intake piping (hard plastic where it goes under the manifold) pull pipe off and plug with a bolt (m4 from memory) fiteither a cap if you have it, or a short piece of pipe (with another M4 bolt) onto the intake pipe et voila - wastegate boost only!
As Simon hasn't replied, I think the place to split and plug, as you have the additional small bore pipe, is as marked below..............................

No doubt he'll come back and say its wrong :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ok done reset check lite ok. looks like orig MAF and seeing mine is a my00 might need a new MAF wheres the part number

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
so what about 99-00 MAF are fitted also on nissan almera tdi
ref part :22680-7J600
best price about £40:00

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,837 Posts