Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2002 forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I broke the black plastic piece on the end of the long bolt used to move the idler pulley to adjust the tension for the serpentine belt. Does anyone know what this black plastic piece is called so I can order a replacement? I can easily find the pulley itself but no luck with the tensioner piece that connects to the adjustment bolt.

Also, what tool do you use to loosen the lock bolt on the idler pulley? I can’t fit my socket wrench + a socket into the small space between the fan and the bolt, and I’ve had no luck trying to get a fixed wrench on that bolt either.

Any help appreciated.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.