Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
3 Posts
Thank you!

Thank you for the photos! I've been lurking and searching for pics with the sepia bronze color... it is nowhere in South Florida, lol. I'm at the point where I'll drive to see it in person, but I'm still convincing myself that driving four hours to see a color is defensible. :)

·
Premium Member
'17 Imp Ltd wagon CVT
1,175 Posts
Not as picturesque, but here is mine.

There's no way to pictorially present how it looks in different lights or different perspectives in the same light. It's most attractive to the eye in bright sun, of course... but it's never unattractive to me.

The main reason for this post is... to show one that has never been washed. >:) It has been driven in all kinds of conditions on all kinds of roads, including rutted nasty dirt ones, and in snow and rain. I keep the glass clean but even that seems to need it less than other cars somehow... all except the back. That gets nasty to the outside eye but never intrudes on driving vision.

I know, I'm bad. Never neglected to wash my Subys when they got dirty before... usually too often. But I've just wanted to see how this one's color handled neglect. I picked it up August 12th and for a while the weather was good, so no washing called for. But for a long time now it has either been raining or snowing some or part of most days. The fewer days I could have, I haven't... looking for enough sun to take a picture of a dirty Sepia Bronze Metallic 2017 Forester 2.0XT Touring.

My salesman/friend was right... during the process of ordering I asked if he had ever seen one. He replied he had. I asked if he liked it, and why. He said, "It's the color of dirt, and my choice to take on my photo expeditions out where few goes." He was right:SBM is the color of dirt. I knew I'd like it right then and there. Still do.

Pics were taken the same day in the same light, but as can be seen the color appears different in each. It's the most elusive color to pin down I've ever seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 XT Premium high torque CVT
138 Posts
These pics are from a dealer in Santa Monica,Ca and are good because they show the SBM next to other common color cars. SBM is such a difficult color to define or even keep in your mind so it helps to have a reference right next to it. Also the angle of the light is so important and these pictures have different angles. The camera is an iPhone 7 so the colors are pretty true.

It was still forsale this morning.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 Limited
23 Posts
Been too busy to find a location to shoot some pics of the forester. but here's a couple from the day it was picked up.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 Automatic
437 Posts
To say the least, a beautiful color! I was torn between the Sepia Bronze and the Jasmine Green. I probably would have chosen the Sepia but a Jasmine green was in transit to my dealer and had everything I wanted. It is due for delivery this Tuesday.

·
Space For Rent
2011 Forester 4EAT
537 Posts
Seems like every forester i see is this colour. I thought maybe it was because I lived in Edmonton, since moving to the Island I see them everywhere here too; it's certainly popular.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport CVT
145 Posts
Here's a picture of Sepia back in January of this year. I've been lazy to take new photos of her..

·
Registered
2018 FXT
53 Posts
Our XT Touring purchased on Black Friday...need to take better pics of it soon. Been too busy with all this holiday stuff.

Pic of it at the parking garage at work and additional pics of the STI/tS lip installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
61 Posts
STI/tS lip question

...and additional pics of the STI/tS lip installed.
@synergy1

A couple of question about the STI/tS lip you got.
Is part of the STI/tS lip body color matching?
Where did you purchase it?
How much?

·
Registered
2018 FXT
53 Posts
@synergy1

A couple of question about the STI/tS lip you got.
Is part of the STI/tS lip body color matching?
Where did you purchase it?
How much?
Yes, part of the lip is color matched. There were two choices, one painted and the other unpainted. So, when you order the painted lip, you get a choice of colors to choose from.

Ordered both the front and rear from here: https://www.japanparts.com/

About $340 for the front, $320 for the rear. Shipping will depend on where you're at. I paid around $300 for shipping from Japan to San Diego.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
61 Posts
Yes, part of the lip is color matched. There were two choices, one painted and the other unpainted. So, when you order the painted lip, you get a choice of colors to choose from.

Ordered both the front and rear from here: https://www.japanparts.com/

About $340 for the front, $320 for the rear. Shipping will depend on where you're at. I paid around $300 for shipping from Japan to San Diego.
Been wavering back and forth on if to order and if worth it. After seeing your in the same color as my FXT I am leaning toward pulling the trigger even with the high shipping cost. More pics of the front and rear please? You can do the final push me over to do it. :)

·
Registered
2018 FXT
53 Posts
Been wavering back and forth on if to order and if worth it. After seeing your in the same color as my FXT I am leaning toward pulling the trigger even with the high shipping cost. More pics of the front and rear please? You can do the final push me over to do it. :)
It was tough to get over the shipping price but I knew for sure it was the lip I wanted. I kept seeing the lip on colors other than Sepia Bronze. I think it turned out great!

Unfortunately, I don't have any other pics at the moment. As soon as I do, I'll post them up here or on my "build" thread (link below).

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/synergy10-s-2018-sepia-bronze-fxt-touring-742130/

1 - 20 of 61 Posts