Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
89 Fill This Out!
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Along with a more traditional modified STI and a wild Legacy show car, Subaru is set to debut a stunning Legacy wagon at the 2009 SEMA Show. Called the Legacy GTk, this wagon is designed to be an autocross champ and can also carry your family and an autocross secret weapon. Subaru designed the car so that it would fit a racing go kart in the back and that's where you'll find a Coyote Motorsports XP kart.

As for the Suby, it was built by Specialized Vehicles, Inc. (SVI), with several parts like the rear spoiler and HID headlights donated from the Japanese domestic market (JDM) Legacy. SVI then built its own custom parts like a new front bumper, quad-tipped exhaust system and a new vented hood.

Under that hood you'll find the Legacy GT's turbo 2.5-liter boxer engine that has been modified with a new exhaust system and a reprogrammed ECU to make 300-hp and 350 ft-lbs of torque – up from 265-hp and 258 ft-lbs. There's also a six-speed manual transmission – yummy!

Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) and STI parts were also tossed on, including an STI shift knob and SPT short shifter.

To make it a real autocross champ, the Legacy gets an SPT strut brace, Bilstein shocks, STI "pink" springs, 6-piston Brembo brakes up front and a 4-piston setup in the rear, along with a set of 19-inch HRE Comp wheels and 245/50/19 BF Goodrich Force-KDW 2 tires.

It might just be a SEMA Show car, or could Subaru be using this vehicle to see how interested the U.S. public is in a wagon version of the Legacy? Subaru already offers the Outback, but the Legacy wagon is on sale in Japan and Europe and perhaps there is space in the North American marketplace for Subaru to bring back a sporty Legacy Wagon. Please do!

See AutoGuide's live SEMA Coverage here!

More: SEMA 2009: Subaru Builds a 300-hp Legacy Wagon… and We Want It on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
heh heh they're on a red & black fix this year aren't they? 6/4 pot really sounds good. and so do the bilsteins.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
Screw the wifey wanting me to have a car with an automatic.

They bring that car over, as-is, and I'll be the first one in line to get one (OK, not that color-scheme, but you get the idea :biggrin:).

I've always wanted a LGT wagon - it wasn't but a few months into my life with Winky that I thought "gee, with Anna here, now, I sure could've used the extra room a wagon had to offer." And I've *always* loved the body-lines of the BP.

The BR don't look so shabby.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
19's are a bit silly for autox but a 245 width is the perfect size for what appears to be a daily driver as well. Hopefully they'll bring this over to North America AND offer it in a manual as that is the enthusiast's only option.

Here's the good part if you read the rest of the article: With a modified exhaust system and reprogrammed ECU — but no bolt-on performance parts — the 2.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled engine produces 300 hp and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, up from the stock model’s 265 hp and 258 lb.-ft.

THat's pretty wild, exhaust + tune on the 2010 Legacy = 300hp/350lbs torque.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
^ Crank, though. :wink: That's pretty much, I think, what people see of the typical post-turbo plumbing work, along with the corresponding ECU changes necessary to take advantage of freer-flowing parts post-turbo - i.e. the typical "Stage II."

I don't really understand the "no bolt-on" part....isn't a modified post-turbo tract essentially "bolt-on" turboback? :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts