Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
89 Fill This Out!
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Out of all the tuned vehicles at Subaru's 2009 SEMA Show booth, we have to say the Legacy Wagon GTk is our top pick. Designed to bring together the best aspects of the Legacy sedan and the Outback wagon/crossover, the Legacy Wagon GTk was built as a capable autocross vehicle that can also carry a go kart in the back. And that's just what it does with enough cargo room to fit a Coyote Motorsports XP kart.

Built by Specialized Vehicles, Inc. (SVI), with several parts like the rear spoiler and HID headlights donated from the Japanese domestic market (JDM) Legacy, the GTk also gets custom SVI parts like a new front bumper, quad-tipped exhaust system and a new vented hood.

Under that hood you'll find the Legacy GT's turbo 2.5-liter boxer engine that has been modified with a new exhaust system and a reprogrammed ECU to make 300-hp and 350 ft-lbs of torque – up from 265-hp and 258 ft-lbs. There's also a six-speed manual transmission – yummy!

Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) and STI parts were also tossed on, including an STI shift knob and SPT short shifter.

To make it a real autocross champ, the Legacy gets an SPT strut brace, Bilstein shocks, STI "pink" springs, 6-piston Brembo brakes up front and a 4-piston setup in the rear, along with a set of 19-inch HRE Comp wheels and 245/50/19 BF Goodrich Force-KDW 2 tires.

In the past, Subaru did offer a Legacy wagon, so here's hoping this concept car creates enough interest for them to consider bringing it back.

For more check out AutoGuide's live SEMA Show coverage here!

More: SEMA 2009: 300-hp Subaru Legacy Wagon GTk Breaks Cover in Las Vegas on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
That looks a lot better than Outback. I might be interested with that if Subaru decide to bring it back or maybe the newly announced 2011 TSX wagon.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Heh I think they need to seriously bring it back because the Outback just isn't going to cut it for us wagon people with some sort of performance in mind.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
I've always been a Legacy wagon fan but I'll never buy an Outback. Ugly stick x 10. I really like the blacked out headlights, they create a nice contrast. I would get a White GT Wagon.

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
2,039 Posts
It seems like Subaru operates on two standards - cool, exciting fun to drive models, anywhere but the US. Mainstream, dumbed down, boring models, yup send them to America.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
It seems like Subaru operates on two standards - cool, exciting fun to drive models, anywhere but the US. Mainstream, dumbed down, boring models, yup send them to America.

Look up the Legacy Blitzen, which is the equivilant of something like an M5, Audi S4 or AMG E55. Problem is, most Canadians/Americans aren't willing to pay the $$ to get one instead of an S4.

What Subaru SHOULD do, is make the option to order some of the more exciting cars. A few of them running around would stimulate interest and further sales.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
I would get one if they were offered here...srsly.

Wow, 245/50s would not be a bad ride for 19s. That's a good deal of sidewall.
No kidding huh? All on pinks..?

Well I love this thing...
If this particular car was RHD though, I'd suspect it started life as that JDM LGT Wagon that kept being spotting in SoCal.
This one is different, as the RHD one seen down here, is silver...and up until a few weeks ago seemed stock.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Subaru should probably start a Luxury/Luxury Sport brand eventually so that the looks will match the price lol

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS 5mt
557 Posts
What a c0ck tease to put a Legacy GT wagon out there. Sure, here's exactly what a bunch of you nutter Subaru fans would really like to purchase, now go buy an Outback turbo with no manual transmission option. SOA, you shot yourself in the foot by getting rid of the Legacy GT wagon.

-Brian

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
2,127 Posts
That is correct. Engine swap and 6 speed swap. and much, much more.
So, do you work for SVI then? Just guessing because they are based in Troy, MI. and that's the location in your profile.

If so, any more details about the car you can share?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts