Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you know, I have sold a bunch of car parts before, on here, LegacyGT.com, RS25.com, and NASIOC. Pretty much always goes smoothly. Only a handful of pick up deals, I usually end up shipping stuff with no problems. But my luck recently has run out I guess.

Last month sold a set of Cobb HD RSB mounts (which I bought off this forum a while back) to a LGT wagon owner in FL. Turns out the Cobb Mounts were the Impreza/Forester ones and do not work on a legacy. So I refunded the guy his money and he shipped them back to me. No big deal, just a little mix up, but I did pay $16 to ship them for no reason, and he had to pay to ship them back to me which sucks.

Recently found a buyer for the RSB mounts on NASIOC. Sent them out Monday last week, tracking number confirmed delivery last Friday the 5th. He PMed me saying that they never got to him despite the tracking number saying it was delivered. I went to my shipping place again today to ship something out (more on that in the next paragraph), and him re-print the statement from the transaction. Came home and compared it, and sure enough he mis-printed the shipping label and sent it to 525 Bradford street instead of 512 Bradford street. :icon_rolleyes:

Today I shipped my LGT donut spare to Miami. I knew it was heavy, but not THAT damn heavy. As soon as I put it on the scale at the shipping place I knew I was screwed as I saw it was 30+ pounds :icon_eek:. Cheapest option for shipping was FedEx @ $45.83. I got $75 for the spare so I figured $30 profit wasn't too bad. Then he tells me that the shipping companies now have an "out of box" fee
since the economy is so bad. That was another $15. So basically after all was said and done, I pocketed $14.17 for my donut spare, which BTW is sought after since it is the same spare found in a 04' STI (5x100) and it clear Brembos.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, just needed to rant and get that off my chest. I hope that this post does not deter any of you from buying parts from me in the future :lol:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
So what happened with the rsb mounts did you contact buyer and tell him where his package was ?

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,639 Posts
Yeah shipping sometimes really bites ya in the butt. I remember when I sold my take-off springs to someone in California! The shipping was ridiculous, I don't think I netted any profit on that deal!

:chair: (me hitting myself!)

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Yeah I haven't tried to actively sell out of state since forever because shipping is such a killer. I'd rather wait it out for some local to come and get it. So now I have two suspension setups being all lazy in my garage and a bunch of other stuff.

Any resolution of the wrong address? I always write my own labels. Those guys are quite careless.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
542 Posts
... And then there is me who sold (on ebay) a smartmedia card reader just before Christmas a few years ago. I send the guy email with all the payment info. Never heard from him. I try again a few weeks into the new year, still no reply. I'm about to put a bad feedback and just happen to go to paypal for some unrelated reason. The guy paid me the day he bought the reader! It turns out that his emails were going to the spam box because he had a hotmail account.
I apologized, express shipped the reader. After all of that, the guy gave me a positive feedback!

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what happened with the rsb mounts did you contact buyer and tell him where his package was ?
Sure did. Hoping that he can just walk down the street, knock on the door, and get his package :)keeping my fingers crossed:)

TheEmrys said:
Craigslist is really the way to go for stuff. Particularly the heavy ones. Bummer.
Yeah, unfortunately my experience with my local craigslist seems to only garner interest from scammers or lowballers. Though I did sell my SF via craigslist. :biggrin:

I have shipped 17" wheels and tires (separately though, never mounted/balanced) before, and was truly surprised to hear it was going to cost me $60 to ship one donut spare. I shipped 4 225/50/17 RE960s to ddavidv (SF.org member) a year or two ago and it was only around $90 to ship the set of four tires a couple states away. And I know each bundle of two tires weighed a good bit more than 30 lbs. (and bigger dimensions too). Its crazy how much rates have gone up :crazy:

damu0703 said:
Yeah shipping sometimes really bites ya in the butt. I remember when I sold my take-off springs to someone in California! The shipping was ridiculous, I don't think I netted any profit on that deal!

:chair: (me hitting myself!)
Yeah man I feel you. Pretty much in the same boat right now :chair:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts