Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in (or .. help run) a video class at my high school and the other day my group was assigned the task of making an informative video about the US Selective Service System. From start to finish, the video took around 5 hours to complete, let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ombtoAyaYdQ

P.S. It's in HD on YouTube.com

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
Yeah, I remember when I turned, 19, I asked the First Sargent if I was in trouble since I never Registered for the Draft. He told me "Sarge, I don't think you have anything to worry about."

BTW, Great Video.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,973 Posts
Nice job. Gets the point across.

Please check the spelling on the word 'lose!'

I had a similar experience to N3VRY's. This was during the time of the draft. The real Selective Service System. I'd been in ROTC in college so went straight into the Army when I graduated. The Army was kind enough to send me for a few months to a school near my family and my then girlfriend now wife, who was still in college at the time. Once I was waiting at her dorm for her to come back from class and found myself chatting with a guy waiting for his girlfriend. We found that we had both graduated the previous year. "How are you doing with the draft?" he asked. "They can't touch me!" I replied. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I remember when I turned, 19, I asked the First Sargent if I was in trouble since I never Registered for the Draft. He told me "Sarge, I don't think you have anything to worry about."

BTW, Great Video.
Haha really? Was he lying or what? I don't wanna get screwed over by registering, but I don't wanna get screwed over by not registering either...

Nice job. Gets the point across.

Please check the spelling on the word 'lose!'

I had a similar experience to N3VRY's. This was during the time of the draft. The real Selective Service System. I'd been in ROTC in college so went straight into the Army when I graduated. The Army was kind enough to send me for a few months to a school near my family and my then girlfriend now wife, who was still in college at the time. Once I was waiting at her dorm for her to come back from class and found myself chatting with a guy waiting for his girlfriend. We found that we had both graduated the previous year. "How are you doing with the draft?" he asked. "They can't touch me!" I replied. :icon_wink:
lol nice.. and yeah that's not the final video, I have to change a few things.. I was so excited to get it edited after work that night and was up till like 2 am doing it:huh:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,973 Posts
I'm glad it's just a movie. Sad to see somebody getting frisked and arrested up against a nice shiny Forester!

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
Haha really? Was he lying or what? I don't wanna get screwed over by registering, but I don't wanna get screwed over by not registering either...

I was already in the Service, why do you think He called me Sarge? I would register, unless you plan on Joining the Service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts