Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been surfing the net for a workshop manual for a 2007 XT Luxury Forester but without success. I've tried the usual auction sites and a few other places like amazon.
I also asked at the local Subaru franchise and got a response similar to, 'We don't sell them. However, we have the manuals on our diagnostic computers. If you want to buy one of them, they're worth $15K.'
In my search on the internet the closest I got to finding what I was looking for was a Haynes 'Subaru Legacy & Forester 2000 thru 2006' but I doubt that publication would include information relating to the factory sat nav installed in the dashboard.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us and hope we can help you out.

You might try this site Subaru Technical Information System - Home and spend some time examining everything there before taking the plunge. Reading the Frequently Asked Question page beforehand will definitely help. There may be an Australian equivalent so ask around, don't always believe what the dealer tells you, even they don't always know what's available.

You can also help us out by adding a more geographical location other than Australia, you might find someone local that can help you out (they're a friendly bunch). If you plan on sticking around you might also want to add some basic vehicle info to your Signature. That way it'll show up every time you post making model specific responses easier for all. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go.

Cheers

·
Registered
2006 Forester X
17 Posts
I have a manual for 2002-2007 Foresters on CD which I bought on Ebay for about $10. I have only had to use it a couple of times but it seems quite useful to me. I could not find any reference to satnavs though.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,796 Posts
I also asked at the local Subaru franchise and got a response similar to, 'We don't sell them. However, we have the manuals on our diagnostic computers. If you want to buy one of them, they're worth $15K.'
This used to be the "standard" reply if you asked about the workshop manuals in the UK.

However back when I got involved with Subaru's the manuals were paper versions and cost £300 for the full set.

Since at least 2001 they have been available on CD, cost (at that time)about £40, and are the same as these........

Translation result for http://www.subaru-car.ru/left/doc/sub/forester/

Whether or not the Sat Nav systems are included in the later manuals, I couldn't say.

As an example....
2002 PDF Service Manual supplement for SF Forester
Part No:G8060G-CD-EFGSI

2003 PDF Service Manual for SG Forester
Part No: G8070G-CD-EFGSI

These cover Europe,Australia, GCC countries and General.(Not US or Canada)

Can't see why they wouldn't be available.

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,294 Posts
I have the Haynes manual for te Legacy and Forester. It has very little info on the Forester.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts