Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my old FOBs all died and after looking around D it was cheaper for me to buy a remote starter and keyless entry system than to buy 2 used FOBs.

After installing a Avital remote start and keyless entry system in my 01, I am having teething issues getting everything to work. I now know that I have to unlock the car before I remote start it otherwise the alarm will sound. But sometimes others don't know or my car doesn't get the unlock signal but gets the start signal and then sets off the alarm. Kinda frustrating to walk out to not only a cold car. But a cold car with the alarm blaring.

I was under the impression that it's not possible to dearm and rearm the security system with anything other than the factory FOBs. I really would be just fine with totally disabling the factory security system all together. But if there is a better option than I would be willing to pursue something else. I didn't see anything in the manual on how to disable the alarm system and would grateful if someone knew how to.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 5MT
21 Posts
is there an option to program your keyless system to use a double pulse unlock? That should disable the alarm system and then unlock the car.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
is there an option to program your keyless system to use a double pulse unlock? That should disable the alarm system and then unlock the car.
There is but everything I read said that the after market keyless system couldn't rearm and disarm the factory security system. So I just need to find the security arming and disarming wires?

Are those wires going to have to be out of the factory security system module? Or is there a capable set of wires running from the keyless entry module that I can use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts