Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of useful information within this forum, but the one thing that gives me a headache is searching for information regarding a specific model year. Just about every other forum regarding any other vehicle on the market has subsections regarding model year. Does the Subaru forester forum not have this? even SubaruOutback.org has it separated by generation and model year.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,904 Posts
This has been discussed quite often here, and the forum staff is of the strong view that it would obscure access to a lot of information about the many features that are common across model generations. We view the site not just as a place for instant answers such as Facebook, but as a well organized and easily searchable repository of valuable technical information off into the future.

We encourage use of model year prefixes, but only when the post does truly involve something unique to those model years.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,904 Posts
Other than model years, how would you organize it differently?

The recent return of Advanced Search has been helpful, and it should get even better if they ever return the Google Search capability.

But we are just not going to lock up information of wide applicability in a forum dedicated to a certain model year, just because that's where the person with the info typically resides and all he had in mind at the moment he posted it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@bbottomley you don’t have to lock up any information, you can either search the entire forum (like you can now) or when you are within a specific thread/model year you can search within just that model year.

·
Administrator
12,046 Posts
Unfortunately much of the information, for example engine and suspension variants common to multiple model years, would be scattered all over the place. This format has served us very well for about 15 years till the recent changes to the forum and search functions. Hopefully when full functionality is restored this will no longer be an issue. Fingers crossed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts