Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently been pulling P2441 & P2443 CEL codes (Secondary Air Switching Valve Stuck Closed). Rather than spend the $1200-$1500 to get these valves replaced on my out of warranty 06 FXT AT, can I leave all of the secondary air stuff in place (pump- combination values- relays etc.) and simply turn off the offending secondary air codes in the ECU with a Cobb AP and AccessTuner software? Any issues or problems with this? I'm thinking I can increase my power and save money at the same time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 forester
32 Posts
SME,

I have the same problem. Search around and landed on your post. It is an excellent idea. Have you done it yet? If so, can you enlighten me? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited
4 Posts
Same here.

I bought the car used 2 weeks ago and got the same stupid code as everyone else who has owned an XT. I have a 2006 XT. really!?!

I too am not going to shell out $2 g's to have this fixed. F that.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Just remove the valves and put blockoff plates in their place (although you could probably pull the fuses and they'll stay shut, I'd install some sort of blockoff plate to make sure its closed off)

Then you just need to go in through romraider/openecu and disable the codes and reflash the ecu. Any tuner should be able to do this.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited
4 Posts
Thanks for your input Funkymokey.

Sounds like that'll be a good option. It's just that the manufacturer who makes these plates has a disclaimer saying that it's "For off-road use only". I do plan on using the car on the road as a daily driver, so is that something that I may have to consider? Would installing these plates mean that I cannot drive this car as a daily driver anymore?

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts