Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SF5 S Turbo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Been hanging around here for a few weeks since acquiring my second Subaru; The first has been a '92 Legacy Turbo that I've had for twelve years but time has been catching up with it so:

I found a nice, clean, looked after, low mileage UK market 1999 S Turbo in black, with leather, for not too much money. Despite the Forester being a little short on power by compaison, and the handling being a bit soft, I'd really fallen for the car and I had been planning some improvements from the information I'd found on here.

That was until last Sunday when a young girl, not taking account of the slippery conditions, slid in to the back of my new Foz. Even though the damage is not too serious for a good bodyshop, because of the age and assumed value, report from the garage is that it will probably be written off.:icon_sad:

So we'll have to wait and see whether I'll get her back, or be looking for another one already. Anyone selling something good feel free to contact.

Best,
Andy

1999 SF5 S Turbo, 1992 Legacy Turbo

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the mishap so soon after getting your Forester, but it's very good to see that you didn't include an injury report for yourself or any passengers.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,733 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear of the accident & let us know how if you get the Forester or have to find a new one. :frown:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
1999 SF5 S Turbo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I'll see if anyone is working at the insurance co tomorrow. Sooner I know what's going on the better. Actually, I should have mentioned, my girlfriend did suffer some whiplash injury - some internal bruising and torn ligamentsin her neck, the Doctor said.

I escaped once more. Back in the '90s, when Alfas were more characterful than the average car, I lost two 75 3.0 V6s to rear-end smashes and walked away from those too.

The Foz needs new bumper assembly, tailgate and rear panel with a bit of boot floor straightening.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts