Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

PJ here from Toronto. I just purchased my first Forester - a 2019 Sport in Metallic Silver. Loving it so far!

I previously owned a 2011 XV.

Looking forward to interacting and contributing!

Question - is there a standard "break-in" period for new engines, particularly Foresters? Recommended is below 4000rpm for the first 1000km. Just wanted to know everyone else's take on the subject? (This is my first brand new car, so please excuse the dumb question if it has been answered/discussed before).

Cheers,

PJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome. We bought our Silver Sport last Friday. It is our second Subaru as well. The first car we ever bought together as a married couple was our 1983 Subaru GL wagon. So guess it was time to go back to our roots.
Loving the Forester so far. Looking forward to building it up for lots of off road adventures.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome. We bought our Silver Sport last Friday. It is our second Subaru as well. The first car we ever bought together as a married couple was our 1983 Subaru GL wagon. So guess it was time to go back to our roots.
Loving the Forester so far. Looking forward to building it up for lots of off road adventures.
Enjoy! View attachment 523580
Beautiful car! I have a sport in dark blue. Show us any modifications you make. I can't wait for winter!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some slightly better pictures. Finally had the mudguards, rear bumper protector and stainless steel skid plate fitted.

Dashcam will go in next week.

And also on the search for winter rims and tires...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Enjoy!
Great choice of colour :)

What roof basket is that?

Edit: Found your thread - following!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I followed the manufacturer recomendations and took it easy for the first 1K. So far so good as it doesn't burn any oil.
Cool. I just passed 1500km, running great. Now to test S# properly.

Are you sticking to regular gas (87) or do you use mid-grade (89) or better - or equivalent where you are?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beautiful car! I have a sport in dark blue. Show us any modifications you make. I can't wait for winter!
I will be posting mods on my build thread. Keep an eye out. A lot of the larger mods i.e. lift and tires will come once the warranty period is over. But we will still do a lot during that period. Once our move to Idaho happens there will be lots of pictures from our adventures as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great choice of colour :)

What roof basket is that?
It is a Yakima Off -Grid. Size medium without the optional center insert. You can get the insert and it will cover pretty much the entire roof but I enjoy my sunroof too much and it holds everything we need plus our optional bike rack and Kayak racks.
Also the Yakima is the only manufacturer that includes crossbars with the rack so you can add other options such as ski and bike racks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts