Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from California everybody. I have recently aquired my girlfriends old 1998 Subaru forester L with 188000 miles. When it was given to me it had a bad radiator, water pump, thermostat, front struts, and last but not least a blown head gasket. Fortuantly for me one of my friends owns a shop, I did all the work myself and the runs 100% better. I have yet to install then new monroe struts...soon.

-Dustin

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, hope you did the belt replacement and assorted tensioners and idlers when you had it apart. Belt should be replaced at approximately 100,000 +. You certainly don't want the expense a broken belt can produce.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re:

Yeah i did change them, i was supervised by a mechanic. The new timing belt tensioner was expensive.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Hey, Kylewest421, on my First Forester purchased last Friday, with heated seats.
Third Subi, first Forester. From one noob to another..welcome!

Grass Valley...my old neighborhood..almost. Lived 24 miles southeast of Placerville (Fairplay), now in Washington State.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts