Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
wow, that's very scary indeed. I was immediately concerned for the driver but then for the spectators. Luckily all seems fine... That is really scary. Possible causes of failure..?

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
Heck of a crash, and valiant effort... but shouldn't you have posted this in the Motorsports section?

I saw that on the news too this morning, I too liked the way he was hacking away his with his steering wheel!

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
That would have most people shaking it their boots but, and I quote...

Asked if the crash would knock his confidence, he said: "Not really - something broke, it happened"
:crazy:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would have most people shaking it their boots but, and I quote...

Asked if the crash would knock his confidence, he said: "Not really - something broke, it happened"
:crazy:
they're definately missing a marble or two, those F1 drivers! ;o)

·
Registered
2011 Volvo XC60 Auto
554 Posts
wow, that's very scary indeed. I was immediately concerned for the driver but then for the spectators. Luckily all seems fine... That is really scary. Possible causes of failure..?
I'm pretty sure that it was a simultanious failure to both front uprights.
Had it been wishbones then the (rope) teathers built into the wishbones should have held and the wheels would have stayed with the car.......I don't know about the driver (as said above, they are a rare breed)...but I bet the guy that desined the upright was bricking it

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...he still had his back wheels, where's the problem? :icon_biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts