Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone answer these questions...

1. If I were to pick up STi seats or Recaro's/sparco's made for an STi will the STi specific seat rails work or would I need 02-03 wrx or 04-05 wrx rails?

2. what Sparco or Recaro is the most inexpensive but most supportive? I'm tired of sliding around in my seat in the corners!

TIA!!!

Doug.

·
Mr. July 2008
1,216 Posts
Well, I can't say in complete certainty...

I had some '05 USDM STi seats in my '01 Impreza. They are completely interchangable with all year Impreza's.

With that said, I know SF5 seats are the same way... interchangale with all Impreza seats and vice versa.

Subaru loves to reuse the same parts for all of their cars, so it would a good bet the seat rail bolt locations didn't change in the SG5's. Meaning any Impreza seat would bolt right in.

I currently have JDM Ver7 seats in my Impreza and a set of Spec C seats on the way for the Foz. If you're tired of sliding around in your seat, go for JDM seats or aftermarket racing seats. It's a huge difference.
DOHCammin said:

1. If I were to pick up STi seats or Recaro's/sparco's made for an STi will the STi specific seat rails work or would I need 02-03 wrx or 04-05 wrx rails?

2. what Sparco or Recaro is the most inexpensive but most supportive? I'm tired of sliding around in my seat in the corners!

TIA!!!

Doug.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I think the cheapest would be

USDM V7 WRX seats. But the fabric is butt ugly!
Don't even waste your time with the USDM STi seats. They look great but are made for uuhhh..large Americans and I don't think you qualify. :wink:

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Angry Toaster said:
Well, I can't say in complete certainty...

I had some '05 USDM STi seats in my '01 Impreza. They are completely interchangable with all year Impreza's.

With that said, I know SF5 seats are the same way... interchangale with all Impreza seats and vice versa.

Subaru loves to reuse the same parts for all of their cars, so it would a good bet the seat rail bolt locations didn't change in the SG5's. Meaning any Impreza seat would bolt right in.

I currently have JDM Ver7 seats in my Impreza and a set of Spec C seats on the way for the Foz. If you're tired of sliding around in your seat, go for JDM seats or aftermarket racing seats. It's a huge difference.
DOHCammin said:

TIA!!!

Doug.
thanks! I saw some JDM V7 STi seats and figured I would go that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts