Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger seat in our 03 2.5x is very uncomfortable and we both notice it, sits too low for us. Would there be any reason I couldnt just install some kind of spacers or risers to give it some lift? Talking about maybe 2 inches.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,940 Posts
Are those the stock seats? :confused: The reason I ask is that STi seats sit nearly that much lower & that's the reason I used the stock mounting rails on the Sti seats installed in our Foresters. :wink:

I don't see why you couldn't MOD it. You'd have to pull the seat & detach the mounting rail. Once you do that, you can see what needs to be added to raise the seat height. A word of caution. Make sure whatever you do will be as strong & secure as the stock mounting. You don't want it coming apart during an accident! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
I raised my recaros up since they sat SUPER low. All i did was a take a 1in piece of square tubing(see below) and drilled new holes and bought longer bolts to go through. The only concern I would have is if it were to mess up the angle of the side airbags. My seats don't have airbags thus I wasn't worried about this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts