Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On both of my Fozzies, it seems that the seat belt sometimes needs to be retracted all the way for me to get it to come back out.:evilatyou: It does not matter how slowly or smoothly I try to pull it out, it will not allow me to get more out. This is a problem in the back because the seat belt threads through my kid's carseat. I have to unthread it to get the belt on him. anybody have suggestions on what I can try, or do differently?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
The belts are designed that when you pull them out all the way and then retract them slowly, you will hear a clicking noise, that is designed that way so that when you secure an infant seat, the belt stays tight.

I think you are tripping that accidentally. What kind of child seat are you using? Like an infant seat, or a booster seat?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A booster seat. But I do not hear any clicking. I know what you are talking about. How should I pull it out to make this not happen. Do I need to pull it out faster, let it in faster? What a PITA.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
It could just be malfunctioning. It should only make the ratcheting noise if you pull it out all the way before releasing, or if you yank on it really really fast, a la slamming on the brakes.

You could try pulling it out slower?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem seems to come and go. It's been working fine for the last few days. You would think that a qualified service technition (not auto tech though) should know how to operate a seat belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts