Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a little short notice, but Roo and I will be scouting out the "drivers" drive for the upcoming NorCal meet tomorrow (Saturday 3/11/06) at a leisurely pace. If anyone is up for it, please feel free to join us! We are meeting at 9 am in the parking lot at the Petaluma Fairgrounds (off E. Washington Street).

Just a brief note that part of the route will take us on roads that currently require chains or 4WD with snow tires (not that us Forester types really have to worry about this ;) ), so be prepared for foul weather.

·
Administrator
29,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We just got back a little while ago from :drive: the proposed route. We had one "representative" for each Subaru model (a WRX wagon, a slammed Legacy GT, and us in the Forrie) which allowed us to make sure there were no ground clearance problems for anyone who might join us on the drive in May. ;) The roads were awesome, the weather was... unusual... and a good time was had by all. Sorry for the crappy phone pics, but I forgot to pack the camera.

We started out in gorgous sunshine, bright blue sky, and with a perfectly turquoise ocean as a backdrop.

After seeing just a dusting of snow at about 1000 ft. we descended to sea level, and then started climbing to about 1900 ft. This is where the winter wonderland started...

Over another summit, to about 2400 ft.:

Obligatory group photo:

I think we have a very nice drive in store for you guys. If you can appreciate varied scenery from coastal views to rocky coastlines and dense redwood forests, roads that turn into "goat trails" and then into wide open, sweeping stretches of Tarmac again, this one might be for you! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I never imagined my car would be called "slammed". Awesome drive today.

For those wildlife fans I saw wild turkeys and zebras. Not to mention the domesticated cows that are allowed to roam public roads.

·
Administrator
29,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flanders said:
I never imagined my car would be called "slammed".
By the time we stopped at the top of the mountain, your rear wheels looked almost tucked under... that's "slammed" in my book. :lol: But I think your car had the least body roll in the corners of all of us...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts