Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 4EAT
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi members! I haven't got too many pics yet but wanted to start a journal anyway.
I got this car at the end of January 2010, it was bought by AHNOFF Jan. 2008.
This is his journal,
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/ahnoff-introduces-blue-bear-37400/

Here is the mods list

Engine:
Clark Turner e tune
VF39
Cobb Short Ram Intake
Cobb Accessport V2
TurboXS 4" Downpipe, midpipe w/high-flow cat, 2.5" Magnaflow WRX/STi muffler
STi TMIC
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Suspension:
Swift Sport Springs
STi F&R Sway Bars
KartBoy front and rear endlinks
Ultra Racing front strut bar, March 8 2010

Audio:
Kenwood DVX5120 DVD/GARMIN/Ipod
8" Subwoofer in a sealed box
Orion Cobalt 260 Amplifier

Wheels and Tires:
Rota G-Force 17x7.5 wheels in GOLD
Dunlop SP Sport Signature all-season tires
Muteki locking lugnuts in BLACK

Random:

35% Tint all around
Rally Armor PU flaps/switching to molded WRB Subaru for summer
STi pedal pads, molded floor liners for winter/STi mats for summer
Custom Piston shift knob
Rear spoiler added Feb. 2010

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys.
Here is a link to Ultra Racing, I am pretty impressed with the strut tower brace I got and will post pics tomorrow after install. Subaru Forester SG9 Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar UR-TW2-615

They are out of Malaysia and everything is powder coated white. I like the strut bar because it is all welded and not bolted together. I just have to look at the A/C lines as they hit after a quick glance this morning.

I should add they will be selling on Ebay and I got mine free shipping!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I put the Ultra Racing Strut Tower brace on and a SPT heat shield (Ebay score $19) last night. The bar is pretty nice, I prefer a welded bar. Only had to relocate the mount slightly for one A/C hose, as seen here I just took the rubber mount and put it on the bottom of the tab.

SPT heat shield. I think the bar looks great.

I also put in my Kenwood DNX5120, after putting it in I noticed it faces the passenger side a bit (RHD design?)

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
So I put the Ultra Racing Strut Tower brace on and a SPT heat shield (Ebay score $19) last night. The bar is pretty nice, I prefer a welded bar. Only had to relocate the mount slightly for one A/C hose, as seen here I just took the rubber mount and put it on the bottom of the tab.

I did the same thing on mine to allow clearance for my strut brace, but then the brace didn't fit properly because it was too close to the firewall... so I gave up on the brace, and left the AC lines like that.
I've only had one person ask why my AC lines were crooked.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got some used SRP/PERRIN 4 piston mini front calipers for WRX fitment today and some Legacy DBA rear rotors. Once I add pads, front rotors, fluid, rear SS lines and maybe a STi M/C BB I should be ready to install new brakes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed a CURT hitch today, had a little work to do to clear the Magnaflow STi muffler. I just enlarged the (muffler hanger bracket) hole a bit and bent the hanger bracket a bit. Clearance is minimal right now, the CURT hitch is a nice product. I got it off Ebay from capandhitch of new england.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got a WRX shift surround and covered it in 3M dry carbon look film. I will finish the stereo surround when my black vents and hazard button show up.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually bought Neffy Wrap but found this stuff after. I still have the fabric in the box and don't know what I'll do with it yet. The 3M DI-NOC is more durable and easier to work with.

I am mid deal on some STi blue seats, I plan to do a JPM Coachworks blue alcantara shift boot and armrest cover. If you haven't seen them them check the site.

http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43_46_85&products_id=111

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed Headlight armour on the front and back.

Light HID blue on the headlights

Ad 50% light smoke on the tails, just enough to dull down the bright chrome.

This was more difficult than expected, however the colors are both what I was looking for. I started to get good at application by the time I got to the last light. I would like to do them all over again but at $150 I will live with my flaws until next spring.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My STi seats just came!! I gave them a quick wipe down and maybe they'll go in Sunday. I still have to put the passenger seat weight sensor in and not sure if I'll have to swap the actual airbags?? They are heated 2005 models, CDM. Oh and I think I have to install the driver position sensor too.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts