Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the nicest looking dash kit to get for an aftermarket head unit install for a 2010? So far I found a Scosche kit SU2027B (~$30) and Metra kit 99-8902 (~$20)...

·
Registered
2010 Forester
13 Posts
I ordered both for my 2010. Both are of equal quality. The Scosche kit has a smooth texture that matches better. It fit perfectly. The Metra kit costs less and includes an option for single DIN head units. Other then this there is not much difference between the two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Scosche doesn't handle single DIN head units (that is what I have) ? Doesn't the Scosche have a slot that you can put at the bottom to fit a single din?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
13 Posts
No the Scosche unit I have has no provision for a single DIN but the Metra does.

Scosche may have one for the '09 Imprezza which should fit the Forester but it's not the one I have so I can report on it.

·
Registered
2011 Forester
34 Posts
If you can spring about $96.20 + shipping, a "much" nicer solution can be had by IA Performance. I just received my new bezel from them and it looks 100% stock- no spacers, gaps or anything- a much cleaner, OEM look (2011 Forester- fits Imprezza too). Their service was very good also. The person who helped me is Stephen- he'll hook you up.

Go to their main webpage and click on Subaru>>>Imprezza WRX (I know- just do it- it's the same one)>>>2008+WRX/STi>>> Interior>>>Stereo If you do this, you will see the picture- it is the correct double din size ~4"X7" You just have to change over the clips from the stock piece and pop out the heater vents but that's easy enough.

Good luck!:rock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts