Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... and for one very lucky but very stupid driver. (But smart enough to have worn her seat belt)

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Rochester police have charged a Rochester woman with DWI. They say she rolled her car in a ditch all the way over and back onto its tires before driving home.

Police said they were called early Monday morning to the 100 block of Franklin Street after someone struck mailboxes with a vehicle. Officers found damaged mailboxes and car parts, in addition to items that likely came from inside a car, police said.

Police found a blue 1997 Subaru Impreza at a nearby residential complex with extensive damage. Officers said that Leighanne Page, 21, had been driving the car and was under the influence. Police believe Page was wearing her seat belt and suffered no major injuries despite rolling the vehicle. She was treated by Frisbie EMS.

She was charged with DWI and conduct after an accident. She was bailed and released. Her arraignment date is set for 8 a.m. March 1 at Rochester District Court.​

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I debated keeping that in. It's the name of a local hospital.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I've always dreamed of rolling a car back onto it's wheels and taking off again in one swift motion, at least now I know you can do it with a Subaru.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
A couple of years ago we had a guy on the NorCal Meet and Drive who slow-rolled his RS down an embankment (insert facepalm here). With some help from the other drivers to get the shiny side up and a quick tow back up on the embankment, all it took was a couple of quarts of oil, and he was back on the road. Drove his car 150 miles home to Sacramento that afternoon with no issues.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
yes but I've always wanted to do it in one swift motion. No fun if you have to get out and roll it right side up. It takes skill, or apparently large amounts of alcohol, do roll a car and keep going without having to stop.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Can't say I've ever wanted to do that, on purpose.

·
Registered
2006 Legacy GT Lmtd
47 Posts
She was charged with DWI and conduct after an accident. She was bailed and released. Her arraignment date is set for 8 a.m. March 1 at Rochester District Court
really!!? She gets bailed out and given a DWI?! The law is too easy going. If that happened to me my air force career would be done for!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
yes but I've always wanted to do it in one swift motion. No fun if you have to get out and roll it right side up. It takes skill, or apparently large amounts of alcohol, do roll a car and keep going without having to stop.
You can always try it in a simulator at Paul Eklund's Primitive Rally School! :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LqYqPZABW8

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
if only I could watch youtube videos at work, also if only I could remember to look said youtube videos up when I get home.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
^^what he said^^

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,067 Posts
if only I could watch youtube videos at work, also if only I could remember to look said youtube videos up when I get home.
I put in a request a while ago to IT to allow me access you YouTube as software I was using had how-to and training videos on YouTube. Perhaps if its applicable its a good angle to take.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
... and for one very lucky but very stupid driver. (But smart enough to have worn her seat belt)

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Rochester police have charged a Rochester woman with DWI. They say she rolled her car in a ditch all the way over and back onto its tires before driving home.

Police said they were called early Monday morning to the 100 block of Franklin Street after someone struck mailboxes with a vehicle. Officers found damaged mailboxes and car parts, in addition to items that likely came from inside a car, police said.

Police found a blue 1997 Subaru Impreza at a nearby residential complex with extensive damage. Officers said that Leighanne Page, 21, had been driving the car and was under the influence. Police believe Page was wearing her seat belt and suffered no major injuries despite rolling the vehicle. She was treated by Frisbie EMS.

She was charged with DWI and conduct after an accident. She was bailed and released. Her arraignment date is set for 8 a.m. March 1 at Rochester District Court.​

Subaru - Takes a lickin, but, keeps on ticking... :rock:

(oh no that was Timex's ad line)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
545 Posts
Subaru........Alcoholic approved.
i find this extra funny because the sales manager and one of the salesmen at work both lost their licenses to DUIs years ago. how someone can work in the car business without a license is beyond me. :crazy:

·
Registered
2014 Forester Touring CVT
662 Posts
I've always dreamed of rolling a car back onto it's wheels and taking off again in one swift motion, at least now I know you can do it with a Subaru.
^^^^
Ditto. Glad to see I'm not the only crazy.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Do you have a link to this article?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts