Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Prem. 5 spd
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum Members,

Saying hello. I will be the new owner of a manual Forester in a few days. She's being prepped with some bits and pieces. I look forward to posting and asking questions.

Sincerely,

Cape Ann Ma

p.s. years ago my roommate used to fix Subaru cars for a living. Years later seeing all those Subies must have rubbed off. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, hope you visit often and find answers from some great members on the forum.

Don't forget to check out the Regional Forums for things going on possibly in your locale.

You can also add your vehicle info to your Signature, that way it will show up everytime you post and help with model specific questions. Just go into your User CP, Edit Signature and add info like year/model/transmission.

Everyone will ask you to post a picture of your ride but I think some pictures of your underwater explorations would be something everyone would be more interested in seeing.

Enjoy

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
Welcome CapeAnn,
Do you often have to cross the Annisquam River Bridge? I used to live on the east side of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Good Dog and SuperRu for the recommendations and welcome.

I will add more info. to my signature + I cross the bridge a whole lot when I go downtown to pick up a sandwich at Virgilio's.

Cheers,

CapeAnn

·
admin
7,250 Posts
Oh boy, do we ever miss gillo's. For that matter I could use some Nisu, Anadama bread and while I'm at it a Oleana's (now Brackets) Norwegian coffee bread.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,064 Posts
Welcome! Subaru, the official car of New England!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester. Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers fellas (BBottom & 2.5X). I Look forward to posting some pics as soon as I get her.

p.s. S-Ru. maybe the first shots I take will be at the Ipswich Clam Box parking lot!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,796 Posts
^^ Sounds good! :cool:

You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. Bottom line, you'll have to attach thumbnails until you get your required 15 posts, so better get to posting! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks ladies and fellas,

I picked up the car and drove it on I 95/Mass Turnpike yesterday closely following the recommendations given by members. It's a nice ride.

I haven't had much time to learn about it yet - but did discover a few things:

1. She brakes well. There was an "Insta" clog up going into Boston and the Subie and ABS worked well. It was smooth, controlled and I was surprised at how sure it was vs. my passenger VW with ABS. Nice.

2. The engine in 5th gear at highway speed of 70 mph hums nicely at around 2800 rpm. Cool.

3. The short throw shifter makes a difference. Lost was some of the rubberiness and vagueness of the original shifter. As advertised the throws were crisper & shorter.

4. Puddle lights are a nice addition. Since there are puddles all the place right now it's nice not stepping into something in the complete darkness. I've done this waaay too many times.

Stuff that I have to figure out:

a. Why does that darn passenger seat belt alarm keep beeping? There's no one there. Manual time. :icon_mad:

b. Tiny, intermittent rattles? Near the drivers' window? :icon_frown:

She's a nice car and I'll post some scenic pictures of the vehicle from beautiful Cape Ann, Ma

Cheers,

CapeAnn

p.s. this is my 15th post!!! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a snapshot of Motif #1 and the Forester. She handled well in some pretty bad snow that we had + she averaged about 29-30 mpg on the highway!!! She doesn't even have 500 mph on her yet! :woohoo:

Nice car and love that sunroof. It's huge.

Attachments

·
admin
7,250 Posts
I used to live there.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Here's a snapshot of Motif #1 and the Forester. She handled well in some pretty bad snow that we had + she averaged about 29-30 mpg on the highway!!! She doesn't even have 500 mph on her yet! :woohoo:

Nice car and love that sunroof. It's huge.
I hope your're keeping it under 200MPH during break-in:icon_eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo s
65 Posts
Greetings from a very snowy(and immensely fun!)Sheffield England!

The Fozzmeister general

1 - 18 of 18 Posts