Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2015 2.5i Touring CVT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
015 Forester 2.5i Touring

For the first time, I decided to use the onboard computer to input the mileage at which I want to be reminded that an oil change is due.

I worked my way to Maintenance > Oil Change > and on that screen input only 4,000 under mileage, then hit SET and went back to the main screen. I did not input any date.

I did some errands, got home, and wondered if the computer would count down from 4,000 and show me how many miles I had to go or would it just alert me when I reached the 4,000 mile mark.

Well, the mileage on that screen was blank. Input 4,000 again, then SET, then backed out. Went back in and again that screen was totally blank.

Anyone know the secret???

·
Registered
2016 Forester
9 Posts
It looks like a date must be entered. Page 3-68 of my Owners Manual (2016 MY) says:
When “_ _” is selected for either the “Month”, “Day”, “Year” or “Distance” item instead of numbers, the set notification will be deactivated
If you don't care about the date, you could put in a date way in future (e.g., 2 years from now).

·
Registered
2015 2015 2.5i Touring CVT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice & thank you.

I don't put that many miles on the car in a year and a mechanic I fully trust says bring it in for an oil change every 4,000 to 5000 miles. Setting a date well into the future means that the mileage and not the date will trip the reminder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts