Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who prefer doing their own oil changes, here are two easy, money-saving, on-line rebate deals right now:

Pennzoil (offer expires 6/30/2019)

Mobil 1 (offer expires 9/30/2019)

I recently purchased two five-quart jugs of Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 (SN plus) at Walmart for $22.68 each which is only $12.68 each after rebate. You are allowed two rebates so I got two 5-quart jugs for $25.36 after rebate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Bill, I just bought Pennzoil and Mobil 1 at Walmart and changed the oil companies in my Acura and Hyundai this weekend. Saved me $20! How is a oil change in Forester? The Elantra will be going to one of my daughters in college so my plan is a Forester Sport in the near future.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is a oil change in Forester? The Elantra will be going to one of my daughters in college so my plan is a Forester Sport in the near future.
Part very easy and part PITA. The easy part is changing the oil filter which is on top of the engine and staring you in the face when you open the hood. The PITA part is the oil drain plug which has a dinky 14mm head which many members of this forum have damaged trying to remove.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
554 Posts
Part very easy and part PITA. The easy part is changing the oil filter which is on top of the engine and staring you in the face when you open the hood. The PITA part is the oil drain plug which has a dinky 14mm head which many members of this forum have damaged trying to remove.
FUMOTO drain plug FTW!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
189 Posts
Subaru also sells a replacement drain plug with 17mm head. Costs about $7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts