Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 06-plate 2.5xte with satnav. Although it points me in the required direction I'm not keen on the display. Is it possible to buy for download a 'Tom-tom' style graphic?
(I did mention this in another thread but thought it might be better to post up seperately)
Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Volvo XC60 Auto
554 Posts
Not sure how you have it set up, but i set mine with the split screen, zoom in the right screen and zoom out the left one...I have it set to night all the time, so its a black screen, and I'm quite happy with it

Now if only i could figure out how to stop the bloody thing trying to take me through the middle of towns rather than use the bypass

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how you have it set up, but i set mine with the split screen, zoom in the right screen and zoom out the left one...I have it set to night all the time, so its a black screen, and I'm quite happy with it
Will give this a go and see how it looks - in the meantime has anyone else got on any thoughts on the whole satnav situation?

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Only thing I have a problem with is when you zoom out you lose all the detail of where you are. Don't know if other systems do the same thing?

Max.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Is there anything in the menu options implying you can load new settings....?

What make is the satnav disk...? (TeleAtlas.?)

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
The aftermarket ones form Garmin have clear mapping at small scale, but again when you zoom out it seems to do nothing for 3 or 4 presses then on the fifth it goes "global"!

Atlas and an iphone is better :)

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
I looked into this in some detail when i had my 07 XTEN, but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any upgrade available. Updating to the latest mapping disc doesn't do anything for the display.

I know it looks basic, but it actually seems to get you to places better than many of the aftermarket units. I've got a Garmin/Kenwood built in unit in my FSTI now and whilst it looks good, its not half as efficient.

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
By the way, it's a Kenwood/Denso system built in tot he Foz. Same as used by Jag/Land Rover of the same era I understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts