Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2016 OPTIMA, RDX 6 speed auto for both
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am placing an order tomorrow for a '15 XT I just need to choose a color. I am thinking SWP for ease of cleaning etc. I was looking for some owners opinions related to this color. Does it clean easy? Show water spots, scratches chips etc.

Black is another option but trying to avoid the work necessary to keep it clean.

My wife has an Outback Ice Silver which I like but don't think I want two of the same color.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
15 Forester 2.5 CVT
6 Posts
My current car is SWP and previous was white as well. Paint swirls are not as noticeable on SWP or for most white paints in general. It can be slightly more difficult when it comes to buffing as the wax/Polish is not as visible either. One thing that you may notice, and again this goes for most white colors, is the bumper or plastic parts appearing to be slightly different in color than the rest of the body or metal parts.

But..Gotta love SWP!! (Actually prefer aspen white)

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
179 Posts
SWP is a good choice if you don't what dirt, spots, swirl marks, scratches, etc to show. IS and SWP are pretty much the choices for light color Foresters. I have SWP and didn't want any other color.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SWP is a good choice if you don't what dirt, spots, swirl marks, scratches, etc to show. IS and SWP are pretty much the choices for light color Foresters. I have SWP and didn't want any other color.
Thanks. This is what I needed to confirm.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My last white vehicle was a '79 OldsCutlassCalais.lol

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium CVT
140 Posts
Road salt is much less visible on my white Foz and it doesn't show dirt much. My brother has a black car and it's a pain to keep clean.

·
Registered
2015 XT-P
638 Posts
When I ordered my 2015 XT-P, there was not a single color that appealed. I could have gone for the tan, but it's not offered in the US with XT's. Other Subaru colors I'd like to pick from: World Rally Blue, Crossteck orange or beige, the darkish brown on Legacy sedans and raised wagons a couple years back. Ford, Toyota, Mazda, VW all have a good selection of colors that are not medium blah metallics with their color pallet for their small wagons and hatchbacks. SO I reluctantly picked white because I figured white would have the most potential for a two tone enhancement, and with the non tilting sunroof, the Forester wagon would stay cooler in the summer sun.

Kinda hate that some overpaid color consultant is rewarded for my selection, when it's not at all what I really want. It's like being in a pick up bar near closing time. Nothing you like, but you need to pick something. Of course the women there probably felt the same.

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Automatic
200 Posts
I have a satin white pearl 13'. I really like the color. I have a couple spots that have gotten scratched and they are very hard to notice. I also like the fact that it doesn't show dirt anywhere near as much as a dark color. The biggest drawback is getting touch up paint that blends well. I have subaru paint and dr color chip. The subaru paint hasn't impressed me, I have yet to try the dr color chip. Overall I wouldn't go with another color at this point. The white is really nice. Dave.

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium CVT
2,857 Posts
I had the same problem when came to choosing a color was going with black but already had two black cars so I picked white. Seems like a lot of people on this forum are purchasing white XTs lately.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I ordered my 2015 XT-P, there was not a single color that appealed. I could have gone for the tan, but it's not offered in the US with XT's. Other Subaru colors I'd like to pick from: World Rally Blue, Crossteck orange or beige, the darkish brown on Legacy sedans and raised wagons a couple years back. Ford, Toyota, Mazda, VW all have a good selection of colors that are not medium blah metallics with their color pallet for their small wagons and hatchbacks. SO I reluctantly picked white because I figured white would have the most potential for a two tone enhancement, and with the non tilting sunroof, the Forester wagon would stay cooler in the summer sun.

Kinda hate that some overpaid color consultant is rewarded for my selection, when it's not at all what I really want. It's like being in a pick up bar near closing time. Nothing you like, but you need to pick something. Of course the women there probably felt the same.
I agree exactly. I too thought the brown would be good. Red and blue are terrible in person. I like Ice Silver but have one and just do not think it looks right on the FXT.

·
Registered
2015 Impreza 5-Door Sport Auto (CVT)
2,351 Posts
I owned one white vehicle and never again.

White shows every little speck of dirt on a vehicle.

Dirt does not blend in on a white vehicle. Ever hear of white dirt? Probably won't show road salt though as bad as some colors.

The Burnished Bronze Metallic is a good color, but still a little light, but would go for this over white.

I went with the Dark Grey Metallic which is pretty good in hiding dirt.

The final verdict is what you like.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 2011 Outback was Graphite Gray and I hated that color. Every scratch and swirl stood out like crazy.

·
Registered
2015 XT-P
638 Posts
The Burnished Bronze Metallic is a good color, but still a little light, but would go for this over white.
Unfortunately, in the US it (I call it tan, for short) is not available on an XT, either 2014 or 15. It does look nice in the pictures posted of non US XT's.

·
Registered
14 Forester 2.0XT CVT
16 Posts
I decided to go with the SWP. I was originally set on ordering an XT in Black Silica but once I arrived on the lot and was able to see all the XT's, I was set on White. The white just caught my eye and it seems that it's the best color to match the car.

It seems that the lighter colors really bring out the contours of the design. White is a deceiving color in the car world for many people. They think that the color white gets much dirtier because it's easier to see all the dirt, that's not the case.

My truck before was completely blacked out so it was a nice change to switch over to the white.

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium CVT
2,857 Posts
Same here they had no white foresters on the lot even after I ordered I was kind of wondering if i made the right choice then I saw these videos after I ordered mine of XTs in white and was glad on my choice.

·
Registered
2015 Impreza 5-Door Sport Auto (CVT)
2,351 Posts
For whatever reason, I see a lot of women owning white vehicles. Not that it means anything, but the majority of white colored vehicles seemed to be driven by females.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 4EAT
125 Posts
I have a '13 Forester with the SWP paint. Love it, though my other choice for color when I bought mine was Obsidian Black Pearl. It's a really classy looking color - - when the sun hits it just right, other colors (blue "flecks", primarily) can be seen. It also does not show dirt as quickly or as much as my wife's '11 Outback which is clad in Ruby Red Pearl.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For whatever reason, see a lot of women owning white vehicles. Not that it means anything, but the majority of white colored vehicles seemed to be driven by females.
I never noticed a color tie in for women, but I see most women tend to buy the base model of cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts