Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stuff is very delicate and I already put a small, light scratch in it on the door with my keys while exiting the vehicle. I am very worried about the dash as my dogs will be jumping around and I can just see their nails destroying that cheap satin nickel stuff, putting all scratchs all over it. Any suggestions on buffing out scratches or a product that may protect.
Lovin the new forester though, have orderd my Rally Armor Urethane flaps, weathertec digi fit liners and base roof rack which will be installed this weekend.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I've actually already scratched mine as well and I'm not sure really how to take out the scratches but it is one of the easiest surfaces to scratch I've ever seen on the inside of a car.

As for protecting it you could possibly try getting a sheet of the 3M clear vinyl they use on the outside of the car and cut it to fit. I don't think anyone makes a dash mat for it yet either.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would they put such an easily scratched material in a vehicle that is touted as outdoorsy and able to take abuse and go offroad, or just in general for that matter. It makes me angry.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Why would they put such an easily scratched material in a vehicle that is touted as outdoorsy and able to take abuse and go offroad, or just in general for that matter. It makes me angry.
A lot of manufacturers are putting this stuff in their vehicles. I have more than a few company trucks with the exact same finish inside (in a work truck).
I've been debating on covering mine with some of the fake carbon fiber or wood grain...just never have gotten around to it.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
The trim On the forester scratches pretty easily but it's as good as anything else out there. I dont think any new cars interior is going to hold up real well your dogs claws. I suggest you buy the dog gate and keep the dogs in back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts