Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5XT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with the inside of the wheels packing with sand while offroading on the beach. I've noticed this with damp sand mostly. When I got back on the highway yesterday my wheels were out of balance due to the sand packed on the inside of the wheels, couldn't exceed 40mph without the vehicle shaking out of control.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I had this happen with snow one time in VT, on the highway I got some serious vibration so I stopped to look and one of the rims was packed with snow so I simply kicked the snow out of the tire and it was fine. I imagine the same could happen easily with wet sand.

·
Administrator
15,159 Posts
Yep, absolutely had that happen. I just grabbed a long screwdriver and dislodged the sand from each wheel. Can happen with mud too.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Mud,sand,dirt,had it happen with a rock once as well.
Clean it out and it's fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah does it ont he L series when i go rallying
if i cant clean them out in service i just swerve and brake a lot on the transport

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Yeah, Houston is as famous for their sand as Alabama is for their mud, lol.

NSFW

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Yeah it's a classic alright and I nearly choked on popcorn during several scenes the first time I saw it including this one which caught me by surprise, lol.

NSFW

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
I think it is the design of the Subaru wheels. I also had problems with my Outback doing the same thing. It was even worse in the winter when I would get ice in there, car washes get expensive.:N_poke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts