Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I put different struts and springs in my 02 Subaru. They came off a 99 outback but the struts aren't stock, they're aftermarket KYB and surprisingly lowered my car a solid 2-3". The problem I have it the rear end is saggy and I know I need saggy butt spacers but I'm not sure what size or what to look for. I was told to purchase 3/8" saggy butt spacers, is that what I should be purchasing??

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yesterday I put different struts and springs in my 02 Subaru. They came off a 99 outback but the struts aren't stock, they're aftermarket KYB and surprisingly lowered my car a solid 2-3". The problem I have it the rear end is saggy and I know I need saggy butt spacers but I'm not sure what size or what to look for. I was told to purchase 3/8" saggy butt spacers, is that what I should be purchasing??
Saggy butt spacers are an 'appearance' item. SUV designers tend to give you lots of wheel well clearance - usually a bit more in the front than rear. When you lower the vehicle, things start to look strange . . . like you're driving up hill. The fix is the saggy butt spacers.

If you use 3/8" spacers, you can use the original mounting studs. 1/2" or thicker spacers require that you replace the studs in the struts - not really a big deal. 3/8" or 1/2" is all that's required for appearance purposes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts